How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 09:34 AM

Default Re: In Response to Pro Tools HD 10 Feedback

At this point I don’t even dare to buy the new HDx upgrade form Avid since all the HD user I know is skeptical or jumping ship. I’ am scared to buy it because Avid doesn’t seem to care about their loyal customers, and from that angle I don’t see them last long, and buying goods form a sinking ship…don’t think so. I’ve been a HD user since v6 and this is the first time I’ am having doubts about their survival as an industry leader. Give us a reasonable upgrade price and we jump right back in the boat. At this point we are just Pro Tools lovers, not Avid lovers.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimf View Post
At this point I don’t even dare to buy the new HDx upgrade form Avid since all the HD user I know is skeptical or jumping ship. I’ am scared to buy it because Avid doesn’t seem to care about their loyal customers, and from that angle I don’t see them last long, and buying goods form a sinking ship…don’t think so. I’ve been a HD user since v6 and this is the first time I’ am having doubts about their survival as an industry leader. Give us a reasonable upgrade price and we jump right back in the boat. At this point we are just Pro Tools lovers, not Avid lovers.
Then you might want to take a look here

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=310454

Wave-T.com
Old 10-28-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
... we are just Pro Tools lovers, not Avid lovers.
+1
Old 10-28-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Same feeling for me. I don't trust the company enough to invest in HDX now.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Not really because the support contract ends at the ends of 2012 and it does not continue unless you renew for another year and another $599. So you can buy the support contract now for the $599 (it only has 3 months left to go) and you get PT 10 for free "IF" you are an HD PT 9 user.
No, the contract doesn't end at the end of 2011 (which is what I assume you meant since you later said it only had 3 months left)...it ends a year after you purchase it. The offer to purchase it to qualify for the free upgrade ends at the end of the year...so if you bought it now and Avid introduced Pro Tools 11 at AES next year, you'd qualify for that as well.

Quote:
6999$ to upgrade my HD2 to HDX +omni, that’s insulting.
I'll never understand why people take this sort of thing so personally. If you're "insulted" (and you still want an HDX) why not sell your HD2 system and then buy the new system outright (if you think you'd be able to get more for it, that is...which is the only reason I imagine you'd be "insuluted")...

Quote:
The Macs today are so powerful and with PT10 there is NOTHING you can't do with it that you could with a TDM....
That's not quite true...especially in a tracking situation.

Quote:
What hardware does qualify ?

Will my 003 qualify ?
My Artist Series setup ?
No, it has to be an HD core system.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:01 AM

It's highly likely that they will at some point offer a trade up from LE interfaces, as they've done so consistently in the past, including HD Native. When they do, it will probably be more than you could get by selling them.

For right now, though, there is no such program.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alio 45 View Post
Max why do I have to pay $1500 to go from PT8HD to PT10HD? There was nothing in PT9 for HD users in post.

Al
Absolutely!! $1,500.00 to just upgrade software is obscene. We've used ProTools since the mid 90's and have done every upgrade with NO complaints. We didn't upgrade to 9 because it had nothing worth getting. It was a move to the Native format. Between all the interfaces, Pro Controls, D24, then the upgrade to Accel etc. we have spent a fortune and never complained once. But this PTHD upgrade is out and out gouging to your TDM users.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:14 AM

Two suggestions for Avid, Max:

1. Sell the features seperately. $999 is not acceptable. You just fired 200 people, you can afford to charge a little less for this one.

2. Stop beating that word "premium" to death. Its M-audio spin-cancer that has now spread your marketing department, its disingenuous, almost meaningless now, and after watching m-audio attach it to every single cheap piece of Chinese-built crap they manufactured for the last 5 years (not all of it was crap, but a lot of it was), to see it used to describe Digi gear really makes me think less of the Digi gear.

System 1: Retina MBP 512SSD/16RAM - Thunderbolt HDX1/HDIO
System 2: Mac Mini - 512SSD/8RAM - Thunderbolt HDX1/HDIO
OSX 10.8.5
Pro Tools 10 HD
Pro Tools 11 HD
SYNC HD
Old 10-28-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
Not really because the support contract ends at the ends of 2012 and it does not continue unless you renew for another year and another $599. So you can buy the support contract now for the $599 (it only has 3 months left to go)
This is misinformation. It was made pretty clear that the support contract lasts for 12 months.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duardo View Post
No, it has to be an HD core system.
An AVID HD Core system that is ?

Geir
Closed Thread