Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-16-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Sending sessions over the net?

my partner just moved away a Im wondering if I can send a sesion over the net some how
Old 05-23-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Sending sessions over the net?

i'd love to know my self. wonder what the best way to do that would be?
Old 05-23-2005, 11:18 PM

If both of your are on broadband, you might could try installing free ftp (file transfer protocal) server software on your pc. Try Serv-U. Install it on your PC, create him a user ID and password with access to your Pro Tools sessions folder in Serv-U, give him your IP address and he should be able to log in from the dos command line (ftp yourserveripaddress) and use his user and pass. This should put him right in the Pro Tools folder you specified for him. He can then use the 'get' command to grab what he wants. (get filename.xx) I hope this is something close to what your were looking for. I have transferred large non - pro tools files like this in the past without problems. I hope it works out for you, lastly if money is not object, there is always the low end and high end Digidelivery.

Hot
Old 05-23-2005, 11:19 PM

Oh also if the session is not to huge, a yahoo briefcase or something similar might work.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:43 PM

This is the Mac forum - Macs already have an FTP server installed, you just need to turn it on in the Sharing screen. Or you could use one of the other networking services included with all modern Macs.

Quote:
If both of your are on broadband, you might could try installing free ftp (file transfer protocal) server software on your pc. Try Serv-U. Install it on your PC, create him a user ID and password with access to your Pro Tools sessions folder in Serv-U, give him your IP address and he should be able to log in from the dos command line (ftp yourserveripaddress) and use his user and pass. This should put him right in the Pro Tools folder you specified for him. He can then use the 'get' command to grab what he wants. (get filename.xx) I hope this is something close to what your were looking for. I have transferred large non - pro tools files like this in the past without problems. I hope it works out for you, lastly if money is not object, there is always the low end and high end Digidelivery.

Hot

Old 05-24-2005, 04:59 AM

For anything under 1GB, YouSendIt is a really easy way to send things. You just need to put everything into a folder and zip it up to send it. In OS X 10.3 you can just select the folder, control click on it and then select create archive.