Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2021, 04:49 PM

Default 2021 and still no auto fades..

The other thread here made me remember a gripe I've had forever with PT. Surprised more people don't complain about this one, as it is such a major workflow killer. Maybe they just don't even realize this is a feature other DAWs don't withhold from them?

Pretty ridiculous you have to have HD for this very basic feature. Avid is basically telling users that if they don't want to waste hours of their time fixing pops/clicks in uncrossfaded audio then they better pay up!
Old 03-29-2021, 06:24 PM

Default Re: 2021 and still no auto fades..

Do you want to elaborate on what you mean by auto fades?
Old 03-29-2021, 06:55 PM

Nevermind, I looked it up. I'm glad this is off by default. I prefer to determine correct fades for myself. It's easy enough to drag-select clips and hit F to apply default fades. These auto fades in Ableton and Logic have been a source of annoyance, especially when Logic fails to apply them on export leaving behind exactly the kind of pops and clicks you complain about.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
Nevermind, I looked it up. I'm glad this is off by default. I prefer to determine correct fades for myself. It's easy enough to drag-select clips and hit F to apply default fades. These auto fades in Ableton and Logic have been a source of annoyance, especially when Logic fails to apply them on export leaving behind exactly the kind of pops and clicks you complain about.

Why would you want to have to apply fades when it can do it for you? Every time you cut an instrumental track to make a little gap or something you want to have to remember to apply a small fade to the end? Or when comping a long continuous take with lots of small chops... If you truly think this is a bad feature then you haven't used it on a daw where it is properly implemented like cubase