Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2003, 08:11 AM

Default How to insert time / insert measures, without upsetting tempo map and markers

Hello,

I have a finished session, complete with many markers and a very complicated tempo map with lots of meter and tempo changes. I need to add four measures of time IN FRONT of the whole session. How can I insert 4 measures of time in front of everything without upsetting the markers or tempo and meter changes? There must be a way to do this. Of course I cannot just slide all the regions over to the right as then everything would get out of wack. I've read through my Digi books for quite a while and still cannot seem to find the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as soon as possible. Getting crushed against a deadline and unable to work until I resolve this issue. Thank you. -imp
[email protected]
Old 03-25-2003, 08:16 AM

Default Re: How to insert time / insert measures, without upsetting tempo map and markers

Just in case I was unclear above, my goal is to insert time / measures in front of the session while keeping the audio region to tempo/meter map relationship the same. I merely wish to drop an extra 4 measures of time in front of the song without disrupting anything after that point. thanks
Old 03-25-2003, 08:38 AM

Default Re: How to insert time / insert measures, without upsetting tempo map and markers

I'm not in my studio right now, and I'm not sure I remember exactly... but if you select all the audio by dragging in the timeline then SHIFT+Click in the tempo/meter/marker timelines I think it will select each timelines contents. I would then cut and paste everything 4 bars later (I don't remember if nudging worked). I seem to have done something like this in the past but not sure about details and how I did it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but maybe this will get you on the right track.

Good Luck.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:45 PM

If your session is already butted up to the front of the session start time.. then open the Session Setup Window and enter an earlier start time for your session... Hopefully you didn't have it at zero hours, minutes, etc.. then you can elect to maintain time code location and now you have space available to add more bars to the front of your session. If you did have your start time as zero.. then you'll have to make your session start time later and have PT move the session relatively.. then go back and add more space in front of the session.

As has been mentions.. you can also do some edits in the timeline as well by shift and clicking in the timeline area to include it in the edits.

Renumber bars may also be useful in this situation.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••