Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2004, 07:35 PM

Default 6.7 won\'t recognize my iLok

Updated to 10.3.6 from 10.2
repaired permissions
already had a separate "music" account with administrator privileges
installed 6.7 from 6.2
updated pace
synchronized from ilok.com which did recognize my ilok authorizations even when connected to my hub
connected ilok directly to computer
erased digidesign preferences

Another weird thing besides not recognizing my ilok is it asks for my validation code every-time I open Protools

What should I do?
Old 11-17-2004, 07:49 PM

Default Re: 6.7 won\'t recognize my iLok

have you added any hard drives to your system? I once added an old scsi drive and permissions weren't right, and iLok was seen by ilok.com, but would not authorize the software in protools.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:13 PM

I have a second internal drive which was already there before the upgrade to 10.3 and protools 6.7... I repaired permissions on both that drive and using the install cd-rom on the OSX drive... I have left my external drive disconnected.. also of note... I did an upgrade install of 10.3 (as oppose to an erase and install or back up and install) Have a ton of plugins and this was the kind of install recommended on the native instruments site in order for me not to loose my authorizations...
Old 11-17-2004, 09:49 PM

10.3.6 isn't qualified. Rumour is you should stay away from it until it is.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 11-18-2004, 09:06 AM

I would love to get a reply from Digi... as it's annoying to not be able to access $20000 worth of plugins ... ok how do I get back 2 10.3.5? So no one is running 10.3.6? I would hate to reinstall 10.3 again and reinstall everything I installed in order to fix this problem and then if that doesn't fix it I will be pissed for waisting so much time and probably loosing my authorizations of other programs in the process... It's times like this when I just want to sell my system...
Old 11-18-2004, 01:23 PM

Ok I tried to reinstall 10.3 but it won't let me saying that there is a newer version on my OS X drive... so if 10.3.6 is the problem which it might not be... how do I get back to 10.3.5 without erasing my disk or install on a different drive and reinstalling hundreds of pieces of software? Plus I would mostly likely loose my authorizations of my other music plug ins
Old 11-18-2004, 01:46 PM

I am not having any problems with 10.3.6 that weren't here before so you might wanna try some other things. Most likely you have already tried most, but I will list them just in case.

-try another iLok
-try the iLok on another computer
-try different USB ports
-trash DAE prefs, DigiSetup, PT prefs and Digi Databases
-download and install most current iLok drivers from PACE
-repair permissions
-reinstall PT
Old 11-18-2004, 02:01 PM

Old 11-18-2004, 02:08 PM

Thanks for the tips Vaphoron, I have actually done all those except using the ilok on another computer since I don't have one... Digi techsupport won't help me unless I uninstall 10.3.6 and go back to 10.3.5... I just called apple and the only way to do that is to install 10.2 and install 10.3 and then update to 10.3.5 I don't know what my other choices are... tech support won't even talk to me unless I do this... I may do an archive and install this time.. even though native instruments specifically says not to do that because I may loose my authorizations and have tons of other software that's authorized for that hard disc....I know it sounds drastic but if going though all this doesn't work... I will probably sell my system.. With Logic all the plugs authorize on install (even though I am just learning logic and not sure I even like the program... I am used to motu digital performer) but my point is I have thrown 10's of thousands to Digi over the years... and I just can't justify TDM much longer especially when my system would run so much better with out it... if this doesn't work I will see how much I can get for my system and then upgrade to a G5... I can get a the fastest G5 for less than the price of one accell card... anyway thanks
Old 11-18-2004, 04:26 PM

Stick in there ether. i just installed 10.3.6 and PT 6.7. I just did the apple auto update, because I didnt RTFM. What I am doing is preparing a secind internal hard drive and am building an alternate "correct system" so that I don't have any down time.

Once I get that system up and running, i will attempt installing that 6.7cs upgrade on 10.3.6, I have run a couple sessions now and it seems to be running smooth.

I will however say, that, any installations of protools above 10.4 require you to update pretty much all of your plug in's. I think they are trying to make the program just run better, I am upset that I have to pay a hundred bucks to get auto tune 4, but I'm running auto tune 3 on this rig and it works fine. I had to whine at waves to get v5, because my WUP expired a week ago but they were cool about it.

Run that plugin checker app they have in the digidesign tools folder (or some such) and see if it is telling you anything you didnt know already.

Also remember that plugin authorization issues are going to follow you no matter what program you choose to use, better to just hunker down and get it over with.

I know how frustrated it gets though man. Just don't be too obsessive, and read everything there is to read about what it is you are doing.

Keny
just to toot my own horn, I am in the process of relocating to Los Angeles and lookign for a job, so if anybody knows someone who can help me get established as an audio engineer and producer, check out my creds at http://www.kenyruyter.com and call me 310-909-9115

myspace page
http://www.kenyruyter.com