Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 10-20-2021, 10:12 AM

Default No sound on templates

Hi,

I'm new with Pro Tools First and have an issue with the templates. I have recorded with midi and this works fine, but would like to use the drums on the templates.

When I create a new project using a template, it gives me an error message saying "Some inputs or outputs may have become inactive because your audio hardware has changed. Some inputs are missing."

Then there is no sound to the ready drums. So when I press play, there is no sound and the sound levels don't show on Pro Tools First at all.

I use Pro Tools First on two computers so I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Any ideas for how to solve this issue would be appreciated?
Old 10-20-2021, 01:01 PM

Default Re: No sound on templates

If you are using two different computers and they both have different audio interfaces, then the names of the inputs and outputs are most likely named something different and therefore, Pro Tools First can not find it.

You should simply be able to click on the input and output drop downs on each of your tracks and assign them to the inputs/outputs available on that system. Once you assign them, you should be able to hear audio on playback.

System Details
Old 10-20-2021, 10:46 PM

Default Re: No sound on templates

Thank you Will! That worked.