Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-26-2017, 01:29 PM

Default Inputs 1-4 not showing up

In the past if I created 8 new mono tracks track 1 is input 1 track 2 is input 2 and so on...

Yet recently when I create a new mono track track 5 seems to be the first input available to me.

I also do not see input 1-4 in the drop down.

I must've inadvertently changed something I just can't figure out what that might have been.

Thanks for any help
Old 04-26-2017, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Inputs 1-4 not showing up

First thing I would do is open Setup>Hardware and make sure your desired interface is the selected "audio engine". Then open Setup>IO, select the tab for Inputs and maybe delete all and then hit the DEFAULT button and see if everything shows up. If you do come back with no solutions, let us know exactly what hardware you have(its easier to offer better advice when we know what you actually have). Have you recently opened a session from another system? That can wreak havoc with IO settings, so any time I open a session from another rig, I immediately open Setup>IO>Bus tab. Then I click twice on the column "mapped to output"(something like this as I am not at my rig right now). When I say "click twice" I don't mean a double-click. Click once, then again a few second later, which will bring everything that is mapped to an output, up to the top. Anything that is in italics is a bogus path and needs to be deleted, or corrected Learning how to navigate and customize your IO is a really valuable skill

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-26-2017, 08:28 PM

Yes! I work at a radio station & recently did some editing of some sessions from there.

I thought I mentioned it's a Digi 002 into a Mac G5 Tower
Old 04-28-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UromastyxMusic.com View Post
Yes! I work at a radio station & recently did some editing of some sessions from there.

I thought I mentioned it's a Digi 002 into a Mac G5 Tower
So which version of Pro Tools? Are you aware of the well-documented "power harness" issue that most 002's have or will suffer from? Working with some pretty ancient gear, so maybe its time for an upgrade

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave