Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2001, 03:33 AM

Default just a few basic , I should already know questions.

Im a new user with Digi001 and I have a few questions Im hoping to get some replies to. I have used some outboard gear such as compressors, eq's , ect. prior to purchasing my Digi001 but I would like to know is there anywhere that shows or suggests proper settings of the compressor and other software gear that comes with the Digi001 ? Second question , To get started with something to work with I recorded a band live and decided to burn to disk and then I put to CD. When I put CD back into drive and try to load back into computor it says this is not a valid file or "you must first move this to a drive that supports this ". I feel pretty stupid over this and probably should.I certainly dont know what Im doing yet but what really appreciate some feedback.
Old 10-07-2001, 05:37 AM

Default Re: just a few basic , I should already know questions.

When opning a plugin on a track- one of the buttons will say "factory default", try click on it and the factory settings will pop up. Try them out to get a picture of what the different setting on the compressor will do. Remember there isn't really any right or wrong here. Your material decide what needs to be done. Use your ears to get to the goal.

Lars
Old 10-07-2001, 09:21 AM

Default Re: just a few basic , I should already know questions.

CD rom drives are not valid audio drives. They are not fast enough. You must move your sessions and audio files back to the harddrive before opening PTLE and opening the file. Also, if your using a PC then you'll need to change the archive bit from read only to allow edits on the file has been restored to the hard drive.