Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2022, 04:57 PM

Default Re: New Air Musical Instruments your favorite?

My favorite(s) are the ones that require zero-dot-zero interface with InMusic's tragically painful website and licensing.

So that would be...

Never again.
Old 04-26-2022, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
My favorite(s) are the ones that require zero-dot-zero interface with InMusic's tragically painful website and licensing.

So that would be...

Never again.
Man! I've wasted MANY days with Air Inst's in the past. The original Structure Goliath back around 08 was so good. There are sounds it has that I still miss - but OMG - Air Music is now like a sea of whirlpool quicksand with no horizon. How can a company survive at all with their arrogance combined with such poor, mine field programming?
Mac Studio Ultra / 128 RAM/2TB HD / Avid HDX Chassis / 2 X Sonnet Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Docks w Samsung 970 EVO Plus (6TB) / Avid C24 / Avid 16X16 I/O Analog / Lynx Aurora 16/16 1/O Analog / Dangerous 2 Bus / Benchmark ADC1
www.glasswing.com
www.richardsales.com
Old 04-28-2022, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
It is kinda funny how all their ” new ” VI sounds old and outdated! Thats a feat in itself though! The Hype VI sounds really off to me and their other offerings isn’t for us at all so can’t say if the solina is good or not for example. There is soo much VI on the market it is oversaturated so if anyone makes a ” new ” synth it really has to stand out IMHO of course

That's very true. But, for some, who may not have huge arsenal yet, stuff like this is a good way to build. But, as I said, AIR hasn't been getting high marks from me in terms of paying attention to current users

Old 05-05-2022, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasswing View Post
Man! I've wasted MANY days with Air Inst's in the past. The original Structure Goliath back around 08 was so good. There are sounds it has that I still miss - but OMG - Air Music is now like a sea of whirlpool quicksand with no horizon. How can a company survive at all with their arrogance combined with such poor, mine field programming?
Wow, coincidence. I had to pull up an old session and found that it used samples from Goliath. But I've not had them installed for years and the installation CDs are long gone. I just reached out to AIR for help -- fingers crossed.