Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-29-2016, 04:10 AM
Plug & Mix

Default Nomad Factory and DontCrack say ‘Thank You’ with the FREE ‘Bus Driver’ !

Hello everyone,

As many of you are perhaps now aware, our great friend, Bernie Torelli passed away very recently. He fought a long and strong battle
with the cancer he had. We posted our tribute to him in our news section at DontCrack. Please visit it if you would like to know more about our friend and his life.

A Facebook page was also created where condolences in Bernie's memory may be left.

Two years ago, in December 2013, DontCrack asked the Audio Community to help the owner of Nomad Factory, Bernie Torelli, with a "Raising Funds For Bernie" campaign. The response was overwhelming, as we raised enough money to pay all the mounting hospital bills and keep Nomad Factory strong. Both Bernie and the DontCrack team were very touched by the incredible outcome of this fundraising drive and the flood of emails expressing concern for Bernie's condition.

This vast support from you all eased the stress and worry, to the point where Bernie could really get back to work. It quite literally put him back on his feet! It also let Nomad Factory get into a more comfortable position, enabling them to get extra people to handle the work that Bernie was not able to do, due to the impact of his struggle with his cancer.

Over the two years Bernie's health was a series of 'good days' and 'bad days', but throughout he was a source of inspiration to us all with his constant good humour and unrelenting drive to keep things moving forward despite health problems that would have crushed the rest of us. Bernie was a warrior, nothing less.

It wasn't easy for him, but he got work done and there are now several "Brand-New Nomad Factory Products" that will be released in 2016, thanks to his perseverance. It took a while but the circumstances have dictated the pace. One of the these new products is 'BUS DRIVER'.

DontCrack and Bernie took the decision to offer it free for a limited time. It was his way of expressing his gratitude to the audio community for the help he received. Unfortunately he will not be around to see its release. We told him just before his passing that we would make sure it happened.

Ever since the closing day of the Fund Raiser, Bernie and DontCrack were thinking of a way of rewarding everyone for their generosity. It was such a marvellous outpouring of kindness from the audio community. One of Bernie's and DontCrack's projects amongst all the others was to develop this great plug-in that we know you will really enjoy. Hopefully you will be using every day and that it will accomplish the goal of saying 'Thank You' for the heart-warming support you showed for Bernie during the time when he really needed it.

Ladies and Gentleman of the Audio community, we give you...

BUS DRIVER

Please visit the BUS DRIVER Product Page for details of this excellent AAX Native Optical Compressor, follow the purchase link and use the following Voucher Code to recieve a 100% discount on BUS DRIVER.

VOUCHER CODE: freebusdriver

We know Bernie would have been really pleased to know you will be using it on your projects.

We have also decided to lower the prices on all Nomad Factory products to allow everyone to have a chance to pick up one or several of Bernie's great products in order to appreciate his work. It will have the added benefit of helping his family with the unpaid hospital bills and other expenses that have accrued during his illness since the 'fund-raiser'. Another positive aspect will be the help it will give to the continuation of the Nomad Factory company that we are determined to keep running, to honour the life and commitment he had for producing high quality plug-ins for the audio community.

The Nomad Factory products are on sale HERE at up to 60% off and at other participating dealers.

Best Regards,

Nick, Eric, and the whole Nomad Factory and DontCrack teams
http://www.dontcrack.com
--------------------------------------------
- JOIN US ON FACEBOOK -
--------------------------------------------
Old 01-29-2016, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Nomad Factory and DontCrack say ‘Thank You’ with the FREE ‘Bus Driver’ !

What a great story and nice gesture - thank you! RIP Bernie Torelli

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 01-30-2016, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Nomad Factory and DontCrack say ‘Thank You’ with the FREE ‘Bus Driver’ !

My best to his family. RIP Bernie.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-30-2016, 10:52 AM

Thank you to Don't Crack, Nomad Factory and most of all to Bernie Torelli for all you've done.

QAPLA!
Old 01-30-2016, 11:32 AM

Nomad Factory has really come through for its users, porting the entire ISP3 and BBE Sonic Sweet to AAX, adding Cosmos to ISP3, and keeping their products affordable. I respect Bernie Torelli for all he's done and I look forward to purchasing all the yet-unreleased software he worked on in his last couple years.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:55 PM

a big THANKS to Nomad, and a big SALUTE to Bernie

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-01-2016, 07:34 AM

This is a good compressor, and to return this kind gesture I'll continue to support the company. Big thanks to them, and of course condolences to the family and friends.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:18 PM

Thanks Nomad Factory! RIP Bernie!!!

Pro Tools 12, Sibelius First 7/Presonus Studio 192/Windows 10 Pro
Old 02-03-2016, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoncel View Post
This is a good compressor, and to return this kind gesture I'll continue to support the company. Big thanks to them, and of course condolences to the family and friends.
Agreed. It's already made it onto my 2-bus on a couple of pieces. Interested to see what the new stuff Bernie was working on that's coming.

QAPLA!
Old 02-03-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Agreed. It's already made it onto my 2-bus on a couple of pieces. Interested to see what the new stuff Bernie was working on that's coming.
Definitely - same here. I've demoed a few of their plugs in the past and I recall liking them. Cant remember offhand which ones - but they seem to make quality stuff.