Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2000, 06:39 PM

Default DAE w/2nd boot drive? (help)

Hi, my setup is a new G4(multi@500) with digi 001/protools LE. I've set up the Mac with separate boot partitions each with custom extension sets: one drive for audio and the other for graphics/internet stuff. Question is can I use the DAE/digi for audio-out on the other drive w/o installing and running protools? I tried just installing the DAE but it doesn't seem to work on the graphics drive, perhaps I need to tweek something? (I'm new to the Mac)

Basically I'd like to be able to hear quick-time and Dvd's with the monitors I have hooked up to the digi (while booted in the non-audio drive). Thanks for any input here!
Old 09-09-2000, 12:24 AM

Default Re: DAE w/2nd boot drive? (help)

Sure you can do that. Just install the whike PT package and trash the PT app after the install. But instead of that how about creating different extension sets in the extension manager? I have three myself. Audio, internet and work. Check it out.