Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Repeatable control room levels with c|24?

Hi,

I just took a look through the manual and didn't find anything on this. Does anyone know if it's possible to recall exact control room monitor levels on the c|24 like the Grace m904? Or do you just get to twist the knob and put it back in an approximate location?

Thanks,

Jason Staczek
www.chromasound.net
Old 12-31-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Repeatable control room levels with c|24?

I just have a template that I pull my projects into that has calibrated trim levels. I don't touch the "volume knob".

Regards,
Bruce
Issaquah, WA 98027
Old 12-31-2007, 10:59 PM

Bruce, not sure I understand (I don't own a C|24...still thinking). Are you saying the control room trim settings are stored with each PT session?

What I'm trying to figure out how to do is listen to reference mixes while mixing. Since the refs are probably mastered and at a different level, I'd like to be able to temporarily change the control room level to a known spot for the ref, then bring it right back for my mix.

I can't see any way to do this without touching the volume knob. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jason
Old 01-03-2008, 08:30 PM

The C24 does not have recallable control room levels like the Grace Design does. It's too bad, really.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:27 AM

WHATS GREAT ABOUT THE C24 IS THAT WHEN YOU CHANGE THE VOLUME FOR SPEAKERS YOU SEE ACTUAL DB LEVEL ON THE SCRIBBLE STRIPS SO YOU CAN ALWAYS ADJUST TO SAME LEVEL WHEN MONITORING DIFFERENT MATERIAL
Macpro 2.88-4 Gig Ram,HD2,Big Ben,Rosetta 200,Dangerous D Box,Mercury Bundle + Studio classics bundle ,C/24,2-UA 6176,U87ai,Genelec 8050 & 8020,Logic,Final Cut Studio 2,Canon hxa1(hd camera)-Macbook Pro,Mbox 2 Micro.http://www.masterlinkstudios.com/.http://www.myspace.com/masterlinkstudios
Old 01-07-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
WHATS GREAT ABOUT THE C24 IS THAT WHEN YOU CHANGE THE VOLUME FOR SPEAKERS YOU SEE ACTUAL DB LEVEL ON THE SCRIBBLE STRIPS SO YOU CAN ALWAYS ADJUST TO SAME LEVEL WHEN MONITORING DIFFERENT MATERIAL
Are you confusing the C24 fader levels with the main monitor level, located in the control room monitor section? Or is this a feature in the new C/24 that I have not heard about. ( I have the "classic" C24). Oh... is you r CAPS button STUCK? Unsticking it would make reading you r posts much easier. thanks, sB