Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2020, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Sampling Rounding Bug and Workarounds - Pro Tools 2020.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxes View Post
I'll be joining you in full if by the time renewal comes around this bug is still not fixed.

I already own Logic Pro X, Reason, Luna and an old version of MOTU DP (the upgrade to their 10.1 is reasonable too and the functionality looks amazing).......Studio One 4 will probably be the one although Logic Pro 10.5 is looking tasty!
Sorry for the delay. I have been super busy now that I'm able to compose songs quickly. Not having to worry about these kind of issue has been a blessing and I'm now focusing on my music. Also has been a delight not running into the 9073 errors that plague Pro Tools. If you're a composer or producer more than anything, I highly recommend using a different DAW.

I might not come back to Pro Tools even if Avid finally fix these midi issues. I already sold off my Ultimate license and all has been good.

I just updated the main page with another workaround, so check that out. Hopefully it helps out a bit.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 06-13-2020, 01:46 AM

Yeah, I've decidedly went back to just playing guitar.

It's a bummer that I finally had the creative momentum to complete my first full multi-intrumental composition but that so much painstaking effort was put into constantly having to realign all the parts (when all I wanted to do was adjust the tempo at times). At any rate, I finished the compositional work.

That said, I let my plan expire and don't want to go to another DAW because that's not what I paid 2 full years or purchased a grand worth of VI's for.

I've used PT for 7 years and will pay the full amount for a new perpetual if or when this is fixed.
But it is indeed sad that 2 years of annual fees have been invested already.

Had to constantly readjust 75% of every track countless times over the course of production. I still have a lot of respect & enthusiasm for the working provisions in PT though.
2020 with a MIDI fix would be all smiles over here.

Kindest regards,
Mike

Last edited by take77; 06-13-2020 at 02:25 AM.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evermore View Post
Sorry for the delay. I have been super busy now that I'm able to compose songs quickly. Not having to worry about these kind of issue has been a blessing and I'm now focusing on my music. Also has been a delight not running into the 9073 errors that plague Pro Tools. If you're a composer or producer more than anything, I highly recommend using a different DAW.

I might not come back to Pro Tools even if Avid finally fix these midi issues. I already sold off my Ultimate license and all has been good.

I just updated the main page with another workaround, so check that out. Hopefully it helps out a bit.

Thanks Evermore, I will check out your workaround.

As i’ve Said, Avid have until my renewal is due, because once I swap DAW I will leave PT for good no looking back.

I totally agree there are lots great options for DAW out there and because of the way I work switching between DAWs is not creatively friendly for me.

So Avid are on borrowed time with me for my money if the they do not fix this bug!
iMac 27" Late 2013 3.5Ghz i7 32GB Ram 3TB HDD, 1TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Movaje 10.14.6, Pro tools 2021.7, 2021.3 & 2020.12 installed. UAD Apollo 8 Quad & Satellite Quad, Reason 10.4.1 & Reason Suite 11.3.9, Logic Pro X 10.5.1 (need to upgrade to Catalina for LPX10.6), plugins & VI's by practically everyone. G-Tech Mini 1TB HDD, 3 x 1TB Glyph GT050Q, Lacie Rugged 500GB & several assorted drives.....lots & lots of hardware synths & outboard

https://soundcloud.com/2b3productions
Old 06-14-2020, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take77 View Post
Yeah, I've decidedly went back to just playing guitar.

It's a bummer that I finally had the creative momentum to complete my first full multi-intrumental composition but that so much painstaking effort was put into constantly having to realign all the parts (when all I wanted to do was adjust the tempo at times). At any rate, I finished the compositional work.

That said, I let my plan expire and don't want to go to another DAW because that's not what I paid 2 full years or purchased a grand worth of VI's for.

I've used PT for 7 years and will pay the full amount for a new perpetual if or when this is fixed.
But it is indeed sad that 2 years of annual fees have been invested already.

Had to constantly readjust 75% of every track countless times over the course of production. I still have a lot of respect & enthusiasm for the working provisions in PT though.
2020 with a MIDI fix would be all smiles over here.

Kindest regards,
Mike

Agreed Take77
iMac 27" Late 2013 3.5Ghz i7 32GB Ram 3TB HDD, 1TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Movaje 10.14.6, Pro tools 2021.7, 2021.3 & 2020.12 installed. UAD Apollo 8 Quad & Satellite Quad, Reason 10.4.1 & Reason Suite 11.3.9, Logic Pro X 10.5.1 (need to upgrade to Catalina for LPX10.6), plugins & VI's by practically everyone. G-Tech Mini 1TB HDD, 3 x 1TB Glyph GT050Q, Lacie Rugged 500GB & several assorted drives.....lots & lots of hardware synths & outboard

https://soundcloud.com/2b3productions
Old 06-15-2020, 07:39 AM

Avid, last chance. Actually midi is not usable. At least with my workflow.
My plan expire on november and if this will not be fixed I will not renew and I will switch definitively on other daw
Old 06-15-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:

Had to constantly readjust 75% of every track countless times over the course of production.
Kindest regards,
Mike
That must've have been quite some extra work. Kudos to you for working through the midi issues. Maybe the day will come around that Avid is able to fix this issue. Fingers crossed!
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 06-15-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxes View Post
Thanks Evermore, I will check out your workaround.

As i’ve Said, Avid have until my renewal is due, because once I swap DAW I will leave PT for good no looking back.

I totally agree there are lots great options for DAW out there and because of the way I work switching between DAWs is not creatively friendly for me.

So Avid are on borrowed time with me for my money if the they do not fix this bug!
I can see how it would be difficult for some users to just change DAW due to habits and routine workflows. I think I have provided enough info and time into this bug. Let's hope that Avid finally addresses this sooner than later.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 06-15-2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innesireinar View Post
Avid, last chance. Actually midi is not usable. At least with my workflow.
Agreed! Pro Tools right now is the least ideal DAW to use for any MIDI use.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 06-22-2020, 10:06 PM

The only MIDI option I have right now is to use 11.3.2 on my laptop.
Which is OK, but not as ideal as using my larger desktop screen when working. Not to mention, more efficient handling.
And I still haven't been in the mood to install and activate all my VI's & plugins on my laptop. A little each day I suppose.

Moreover, I can no longer use the iLok cloud between the two and have to use a physical iLok again. It was nice having the license secure in the cloud.

Last edited by take77; 06-23-2020 at 04:53 AM.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
The only MIDI option I have right now is to use 11.3.2 on my laptop.
Which is OK, but not as ideal as using my larger desktop screen when working. Not to mention, more efficient handling.
And I still haven't been in the mood to install and activate all my VI's & plugins on my laptop. A little each day I suppose.

Moreover, I can no longer use the iLok cloud between the two and have to use a physical iLok again. It was nice having the license secure in the cloud.
I have to switch back and forth between the 2020.5 on hs and the 11.3.2 on yosemite because on the 2020.5 it is not possible to program midi properly. Unfortunately some Swhouses like NI have dropped yosemite support. A nightmare. Started to use Cubase 10 pro some months ago I am considering Nuendo as well.