Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion

Old 05-23-2017, 01:08 PM

Default Automation And Volume Control

Something I can't sort out......

Let's say I bus all my music tracks to a stereo Aux track and call it Music. Simple enough.

I did this because I have a lot of volume automation on several tracks and that makes it hard to change volume levels. This way I thought I could just raise or lower the Music stereo Aux fader to control the overall level of the music and not lose the automation. It works. But what about the Aux tracks I have with reverb and delay on them? Many of my tracks have sends on them to those Aux tracks. So the question is, would I have to raise or lower those also if I touch the Music Aux fader?

Hope this makes some sense.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Automation And Volume Control

make a group for the tracks you need to adjust, make a VCA and assign it to that group. Pull down the VCA as needed, then right click on the VCA master and choose coalesce automation. Done.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
make a group for the tracks you need to adjust, make a VCA and assign it to that group. Pull down the VCA as needed, then right click on the VCA master and choose coalesce automation. Done.
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:58 AM

Route the reverb and delay tracks to the Music Aux fader..? If you don't use the same reverb and delay tracks for other things that is..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk