Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 01-24-2020, 01:15 PM

Default Different versions of S6 and Eucon?

I couldn't find another thread specific to my issues...

System Specs:
Mac Pro 6,1
OSX 10.11.6, 3.5GHz 6-Core, 64GB RAM
PT HD 12.5, HDX2
S6 M40, S6 software 2.1.1, Eucon 3.7, connected directly to Ethernet port 1 of computer with a static IP address
XMON Monitoring Control

We've been experiencing connectivity issues between our S6 and PT, wherein we'll open a PT session after a full reboot of the S6, but the board won't see that session to populate the tracks. The S6 sees the network, everything shows as connected in the Settings/Workstation screen of the main module, and there isn't CPU or memory issues (both under 30%). We have to initiate a restart of the WSControl app, sometimes more than once, in order for the board to load the session and populate tracks. In addition, sometimes after this occurs the S6 will not link to the XMON in order for the S6 to control monitoring levels; we can hear playback, just can't control it via the main module. We have to switch focus to the XMON app and select all of the "Setup" buttons in the main module of the S6 so that they're all lit, which then allows monitor level control. Once these steps are taken everything works right as rain until we have to open a new session, in which case there's a chance these issues pop up again.

We aren't in a position to upgrade any software further as we are outside of our support plan with Avid, so everything described for our system is what it is and has to stay that way. My questions though: Might these be related to the different versions of the S6 software and Eucon? How is it that Eucon is showing ver 3.7 when our S6 software is 2.1.1? If I am able to pull the Eucon version back, would that make a difference? How would I do that? I wasn’t involved with the installation of the S6 so I’m kind of working blind here, and any assistance or info is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:38 PM
Avid

Default Re: Different versions of S6 and Eucon?

Greetings,

What specifically are you referring to (application) when you reference EUCON?

WSControl is the workstation software that runs on attached systems connected to the S6.

EuControl is a client software for artist series surfaces that runs on the host workstation.

Are you attempting to run WSControl and EuControl on the same system?

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MTRX FAQ
Old 01-24-2020, 02:21 PM

Thanks for your reply, Jeff.

When I check Settings>Workstations in the S6 main module, the diagnostics info section at the bottom of that page lists EuCon as 3.7.0, so I assumed EuCon was somehow involved. EuControl software is not installed on this particular machine, thus my confusion/concern. I've attached an screenshot of what I'm seeing if this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S6DiagInfo.jpg (18.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-24-2020, 09:29 PM
Avid

So, if you are connected to Port 1 on the MTM, are you using an external router to supply IP addresses? Your version of EUCON is appropriate for the version of S6 software you have installed.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 01-26-2020, 07:54 AM
Avid

Unfortunately S6 v2.1 is many years old and there have been 1000's of fixes since then not to mention 100's of new and useful features. We currently have a Promo running for the 1 year software support M10 $149 and M40 $349. This would get you 4 years of software development. You may have to pay a 25% reinstatement fee though but still a great offer.