Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2022, 10:42 AM

Default Melodyne can't commit

Could not complete your request because Assertion in "d:\ ws\ pt\ release\ 2022\ r3\ protools\ newfilelibs\ time\ time_typedbase.h", line 265.

anyone else getting this when trying to commit melodyne?
Old 10-11-2022, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Melodyne can't commit

yup, getting the same bug right now. Not sure what issue is, tried to deactivate Melodyne from the elastic audio slot and select commit, that got me a spinning rainbow

people have been recommending that we officially file bug reports for these, and they're right, but I'm moving fast and busy working. hope to get around to it one day

but same error here trying to commit/render Melodyne - assertion line 265
Old 10-12-2022, 09:17 AM

I had this same error yesterday! I had a click in the audio and when I hit the compare button in Melodyne, the click was gone. Instead of committing Melodyne and editing the click out, I had to revert to session data importing from an earlier session.
Old 10-15-2022, 05:00 AM

I've have the exact same error pop up as well. I've had to duplicate the track but uncheck alternate playlists and then I can remove Melodyne. This is kind of a workflow killer because removing melodyne from your tracks appears to be the only way to get rid of the "Saving ARA data" loading screen.
Old 10-15-2022, 04:21 PM

I like the idea of working ARA integration in future versions of ProTools. :)

I wish Avid good luck in making this happen!
Old 10-23-2022, 12:00 PM

I found that it was just one clip that gave me the assertion error on the track and wouldn’t commit. So by trial and error I found that by right clicking individual clips or groups of clips and selecting - melodyne - render that it would work. Not sure why the last clip on my playlist had errors. It had a couple of slices in it perhaps. But maybe a temp work around. The last clip I used the track bounce option then copies the clip over.
Old 10-24-2022, 03:36 AM

How about putting a "dummy" plug-in (in bypass) on the first insert and "commit up to..." that plug-in? I would have thought that would work...?
Old 10-24-2022, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabretoothnz View Post
I found that it was just one clip that gave me the assertion error on the track and wouldn’t commit. So by trial and error I found that by right clicking individual clips or groups of clips and selecting - melodyne - render that it would work. Not sure why the last clip on my playlist had errors. It had a couple of slices in it perhaps. But maybe a temp work around. The last clip I used the track bounce option then copies the clip over.
This is exactly my findings with this error. It usually is one or two of the clips that is causing the error, but other individual clips on the same track will still render. You can also just command-shift-3 on a clip that won't render and it seems to work.

I seem to recall after I did that, I still couldn't remove Melodyne from the track selector without getting an error-even though there were no more clips with Melodyne on them. But I'll need to go back and confirm that this was the case.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio