Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-17-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Mouse Click, Zoom issues

G5 Dual 2.5 PPC running OS X 10.4.8 and PT HD 7.3.1cs1
In addition to periodic freezes which can be stopped by stopping playback or just waiting, I now have periodic behavior related to selecting and Trimming. In a session with Audio I try to trim the head of a region and the entire display snaps back and centers on the screen in some random new location With the trim completely off from where I planned to move it. Then In a track with instrument tracks and MIDI, while editing MIDI Notes using grabber tool, I select a note and suddenly the note snaps to some other location and selecting a MIDI region suddenly changes track heights and converts view from Region to Notes . It is hard to describe but there seems to be all this random behavior related to mousing about. I have the Apple Mighty Mouse, but I have disabled all of the extra buttons except the scroll wheel.

And by the way, in general I find the scroll wheel zoom stuff to be very touchy. I Accidently touch a key combination and scroll a bit and all my tracks are zooming all the way out or zooming vertically down to flat line and I can't seem to find a way to smoothly adjust this using the scroll wheel.

And my final rant: Why is it that when you are in MIDI Region View the notes are nice and center and when you switch to Note View they default to very narrow and when you try to expand then enough to work with they scroll down out of site and require rescrolling the MIDI window to view them. Why should they not just default to a nice fat size centered vertically where the notes are?
Old 03-19-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Mouse Click, Zoom issues

Hi Mark,

It sounds like you might have Zoom Toggle on. There is a little button below the Zoomer (Magnifying) tool that looks like four arrows pointing each direction. If that is blue (enabled), click it so that it is not enabled. I hope that helps...let me know

Cheers,
Scott