Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 10-16-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Main control unit fader problem

All eight of the faders slam all the way to the top and stay there when you power it up. Will not go down no matter what with power on. Was in the middle of a bounce when they all of a sudden slammed all the way up and can not get it to stop. Any advice?
Thanks, Jack
Old 10-20-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Main control unit fader problem

Quote:
All eight of the faders slam all the way to the top and stay there when you power it up. Will not go down no matter what with power on. Was in the middle of a bounce when they all of a sudden slammed all the way up and can not get it to stop. Any advice?
Thanks, Jack
I had the same problem. Fixed by a great Tech in LA.
Greg Granieri
[email protected]
Old 10-22-2007, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks, Jack
I had the same problem. Fixed by a great Tech in LA.
Greg Granieri
[email protected]
So what was the problem with it ? Power Supply ?
Thanks, Jack
Old 10-28-2007, 06:33 PM

I had the same problem and it was the power supply. My fix was expensive - but the only tech in NYC certified to work on Pro Control has a baseline charge. If it breaks again - ICON here I come.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:30 AM

I've had this problem on every unit I have...2 mains and 3 packs. Fixed it myself and it's not expensive. If you need someone to do it for you, contact me via email. www.matlin.com