Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2004, 02:43 PM

Default MIDI \"IN\" LED BLINKS NONSTOP!!

My MIDI "IN" light blinks incessantly when connected to any MIDI device. It does WORK, but something tells me that the light should only signal when data is sent and it is triggered! At first, I thought it was my Korg connection from the "out" MIDI, but then today, I hooked the DIGI 002 to my MPC and the same thing happens!! It's wierd 'cos the devices are communicating, it's just that I'm concerned about the light blinking that way (nonstop- until I turn off the device or disconnect the MIDI "in"). Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone have or have seen this problem?? Thank you and season's greetings.
Sonny Coates
[email protected]
Digi002 Rack
Pro Tools 6.7
Power Mac G4
Old 12-26-2004, 08:37 AM

Default Re: MIDI \"IN\" LED BLINKS NONSTOP!!

Mine does the same thing so, I assume everything is ok. I have an Edirol PCR-80 midi keyboard controller.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:49 PM

this is normal for lots of midi devices!!! a sequential blink to confirm its connection!!

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:45 AM

There's a couple MIDI signals that will cause this behavior.

Tne most common one is Active Sense. It's nothing to worry about but what you should do is launch up a MIDI data display program. MIDI Monitor for Mac or MIDI-OX for Windows. That will show you what kind of data is being received or sent. In many cases you can turn off those signals on your MIDI devices but you have to identify them first.

Jason
www.cd-romney.com
www.ncarts.edu/ncsaprod/designandproduction