Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-22-2003, 11:23 PM

Default Re: OT-...What are you working on right now?

Sounds very interesting, Stu. I can't wait to hear that one. If and when you get time too, I'de love a mix of 'Po Boy' w/ vocals and guitars switching off on the solos (the long version [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ). And let me know if you have anything else in mind for them...thanks, Roy
Old 02-22-2003, 11:39 PM

I workin' on a cover of the lovin' spoonful's "Daydream". It's for the just born son of my friends. It's also way different than most of the stuff I record, and is giving me grand mal seisures in the mixing department, but Hey, what can you do? It's 11:40 on a Saturday, and I had to jump on my computer to try out a few ideas! So I guess i kinda like this music thing, eh?
-olaf
(How do you mix 12 voices singing in unison?)
Old 02-23-2003, 12:15 AM

Just finished some rough mixes of my groups songs last week... they are rough but a good learning tool all the way around. I spent a lot of time cleaning up my audio drive, deleting and backing up and screwing up some sessions in the process. At lot can accumulate on a 120 gig drive...

Today I hooked up a Presonus LT and started to AB the digi and presonus converters with my NTK mics. I noticed a big difference in the mics. One has more lows and mids, the other is harsh and brite. Very different sounding. I was told it may be the tubes. Tried switching everything around and still had the same differences. GC is checking into a matched pair.... didn't get to do an AB on the converters yet. that is how I spent my morning....
[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2003, 12:53 AM

I am busy working on an untitled song.

The song is heavily dependent on its longing twangy acoustic guitar and sound fx drums. I guess I could say I am having the hardest time with the vox. I am trying to get a dark hollow sound on them. Much like the latest Clan Of Xymox CD, if anyone has heard that. Still working at it, but I think the key element is going to be multiple varrying levels of reverb on backing up vox, with a lower un-reverbed or clean, shall I say, main vocal line.

I also want to make sure I dont run into Vocal NOIZE... with TOO Much reverb..
Old 02-23-2003, 01:20 AM

Roy,I will definetly get that one out and make a long version.Sometimes after beating one into submission I have to leave it alone for a while so I can tolerate it again.I will send it to you as soon as I do it.Stu
Old 02-23-2003, 03:11 PM

ok, i know i never get anything done and you'll probably NEVER hear what i'm working on but.....

i ran my drum machine through my mixer and put some delay on it, then i purposly added piano about 1/2 a second off time, then i ran the piano through my talkbox and recorded my piano singing (very sweet) and through to vox lines over that all saying "i don't know why i feel this way".

i'm gonna bounce the demo and put it on my site later tonight or early tomorrow if you guys wanna hear it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2003, 05:23 PM

I'm currently working on a 24 track double cd for a church. Just finished pre-production. It's been a trip so far with Taylor being sick and all.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:31 PM

Hi Roy, I'm working on a song about a guy who, feeling a little inadequate about himself, decides to go out and buy an excavator to make himself "bigger". No reflection on me (or my excavator). The song will feature an excavator "solo". Now how the heck am I going to get the excavator into my music room? T (these and other questions haunt me as I write this... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2003, 06:34 PM

I'm currently about to start recording vocals for my studio co-owner's death-rock band called DeSade (think early Christian Death, 45 Grave, Siouxie and the Banshees, dot dot dot crossed with L7, Dead Kennedeys etc). They have me producing the whole project. This project will have a strong punk vibe, but still be very well produced.

We have held off vocal recording until I sell my Karma and get a new mic and pre, but things have come up to where we need some demo stuff soon. Tomorrow we start recording vox with a (borrowed) Avalon 737 and B.L.U.E. Kiwi.

I'll post something as soon as we get vocals in and mix a little more. I'd love to have feedback on the production, and I'm sure the band wouldn't mind some opinions on the music.

www.disposableproductions.com
Old 02-23-2003, 06:52 PM

working on my first commercial release
Young Moe "The Delicatessan"
Meyer Lansky meets Mel Brooks...in modern day rap form lol