Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2003, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Man, the level of (song & recording) quality is really going up around here lately!!! I’ll be throwing out some comments on some stuff in particular, when I get more time (hopefully tonight) to sit down and write. Good job guys!

Here are some recent projects of mine. I’d love to hear your feedback!

The Campaign – Some final mixes (finally!) from a contemporary worship project that I produced, wrote for, and played on. Slide on Psalm 113 courtesy of Roy “Mudslide” Howell!
http://www.jacksonjackson.homestead...._Psalm_113.mp3
http://www.jacksonjackson.homestead....ght_In_You.mp3
http://www.jacksonjackson.homestead....verwhelmed.mp3

Scott MacGill – “Small Comfort” - Nearly finished. A singer/songwriter/keyboardist. Drums by yours truly.
http://www.trixiestudios.homestead.c...ll_Comfort.mp3

The Dimes – “Douglas in a Spacesuit” - Final mix. Brit Rock from an American perspective.
http://www.thedimes.com/files/mp3/Do..._Spacesuit.mp3

Tracey Jackson – “I Need a Haven” – Rough Mix / Still in Production. A catchy little country pop tune. My scratch vox will be soon replaced by Tracey’s. More slide fun by Roy!
http://www.trixiestudios.homestead.c...tch_Vocals.mp3

BigRedButton / Jackson Jackson
www.jacksonbjackson.com
Old 03-20-2003, 12:48 AM

Josh,
Great job on the song too, man... this would be an excellent live Christian song too. You're very talented. Good production, mix, and I really like the solo voice. Is that you? I'm very impressed. This song should be covered by a Christian artist if you're not planning to put it out yourself. Really good work... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
thanks for letting me hear it... -Roy
Old 03-20-2003, 04:47 AM

Bi0, great work mate. You obviously had a productive week. Looking forward to hearing Ben's track.

OK, I haven't posted anything for while. So here's something we're working on at the moment. Far from finished, but all advice taken.

Don't Tell Me

Mark
Old 03-20-2003, 06:03 AM

Bi0... Ben,
Alright... sounds good! The vocals are so much better and the whole thing is much tighter now. I bet you guys had a whole lot of fun putting it together too. You both did a good job on it. Thanks for the listen, you guys. ~Roy
Old 03-20-2003, 06:16 AM

Roy,
Thank you very much. The vocalist is an old band-mate/friend of mine named Todd Lilley. I wrote and recorded the song and had him come over and sing the parts. Luckily he lives in the same building because it was snowing like crazy in Denver! I'm curious how to go about getting a christian artist to listen to the song. I would rather see some songwriting royalties from it than release it myself. Do you have any tips? If you want you can e-mail me via the address on the page I posted. Thanks again. It's nice to hear validation from someone who is so well regarded.
Old 03-20-2003, 01:22 PM

thanks guys.

i hope to get a 2nd mix of the tune going soon.

but i highly doubt i will since i am pretty sick of hearing it now [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

thanks again.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:37 PM

Bio and Ben that track was outstanding good production nice n' tight, weel done.

Josh like your mix in "Walk the line" great guitar sound.

Mark your work is stellar (loved the snare).

Cheers all
Old 03-20-2003, 04:41 PM

That's funny Scoob, 'cause I'll putting real drums on it in a couple of weeks [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
They are just one hit samples that Roy gave me.
I just used them to create a beat to track with. We hate click tracks, you can't get into the groove.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:54 PM

Hey Scoob. Thanks for the compliment. It was a definately a two man job. Bi0 had written the whole thing, I just worked the production on it. The way the vox hit the song, and the way everything is brought in on this version is the best way we found it to work, we tried NUMEROUS things. Lets just say, we had 3 gigs of audio to choose from, and when we were finished with this mix, it dropped to about 560megs of files, so there was a lot of tracks and ideas that didnt fit, or didnt sound as well. This was definately the best combo of arrangement for the song. But at one time, it had a guitar solo, 6 harmonies, yelled vocals on the chorus, and it was almost going to be 1 to 2 minutes longer. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Once again, thanks for the compliments.
=-Ben
Old 03-20-2003, 04:56 PM

I actually did like it coz it seemed to be sitting above everything else (drum wise) and was bom (not boom) 2 & 4 every time, sort of like a reference point for everything else. hmmm very snare like without sounding like a snare I would record, I guess that's why I liked it different.

I was going to ask if it was midi or sampled but I didn't want to offend you knowing you are a drummer. Some people think that samples and midi don't sound good.

Have a good one.