How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2022, 12:20 AM

Default Locan Expand -> not working?

Hello there,

I am not sure if my issue is a bug or due to the new custom faders maps available.
A studio I freelance at seems to have updated Eucon since one of my last mixes there.

Back then I used to be able to hold EXP to have local expand faders to work.
The faders would jump to -inf and then Attention+EXP allowed me to map plugin parameters for example.

IIRC, now the custom map would be created via the master module "Custom" features, touch parameter and fader there - is that correct? Or is the old way of knob-to-fader mapping still available?

My main issue though: Pressing and holding EXP doesn't switch the faders in local expand mode.

I get them to jump down if I define an Expand fader zone (which I don't need) and have auto-expand enabled, however as I want to temporarily switch faders to expand mode I prefer the press-and-hold method.

The LED color on the EXP button changes between red and blue (or purple, I cannot remember), but the faders remain volume mix faders.

Anything I am missing? Do I need to create a map first, before the faders actually switch? (But then why does auto-expand work with a dedicated expand-fader-module and swith to -inf?)

Or maybe a bug?

Thanks for any ideas!!
Andrew
Old 01-24-2022, 05:54 AM
Avid

Default Re: Locan Expand -> not working?

Greetings,

Legacy versions of S4 S6 used a different method for programming expand faders -> Attention + Exp, then the association as you mentioned from knob to fader.

Current versions of S4 S6 create, modify and manage all knob and fader maps from the Master Module as described on page 115 here ->
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbdz33gb94...21.10.pdf?dl=0

Fader maps must first be created before they can be accessed. Legacy Fader maps will not open on current S4 S6 systems - so they need to be recreated using the process described from the Master Module.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 01-24-2022, 06:07 AM

Thanks Jeff for the quick reply - I will work my way into defining new maps then.

However what struck me - the map needs to be created first, for the local fader expand to actually activate? Is that correct?
I thought there might have been default maps or even just an "empty" map moving to the faders when holding EXP?
(I found a post with a similar issue that seemed to be linked to IP addresses and such).

Will try mapping next time, it would be great to have confirmed that the fader unit was working as expected though?

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2022, 06:10 AM
Avid

While there are default Knob maps (expanded and non-expanded), there are no default Fader Maps, either legacy or current.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ