Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2008, 12:19 PM

Default Nobody knows what these f#$%ing little blue lights are

My Strike main page, infact my digidesign eq also has little circle next to each plugin knob (positioned around 1 or 2 o'clock ) I have noticed that some of them are lit blue as if they were active in some sort of way. Could anyone please tell me why only a few would be lit and HOW DO I TURN THEM OFF and then on again????? Is it because of my new m audio axiom 61 controller is not configured yet?? I know its not because of knobs being assigned to my controller because I made sure I hit forget on every on and still they are lit blue!! I have not automated anything either! PLEASE CHECK STRIKE OR EQ AND ENLIGHTEN ME ON WHAT THE FUNCTIONS OF THESE INDICATORS ARE!
Thank you Paul
Old 10-04-2008, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Nobody knows what these f#$%ing little blue lights are

I opened Digi EQ III and don't see the little circles you're talking about. Are you sure you're system is up to date? Maybe it's a graphics GUI bug from running incompatible plug-ins or PT versions. Post your system specs, and if you can, post a screenshot (you'll have to use your own server) so we can see what you're talking about.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:37 PM

how do i post a picture of my problem
Old 10-04-2008, 02:51 PM

i ve never put up a picture before!!!!! need a little help.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:35 PM

You have to have your own web server or something like a .mac account.

Here, I put up the ones you emailed me here:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Like I said in my email, it looks to me like those parameters think they've been assigned to a continuous controller on your keyboard. Try unplugging the MIDI keyboard and then re-launch PT, see if it still shows up that way.

Maybe somebody else can come up with something now that the screen grabs are up.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:06 PM

They look like Control Surface lights but I'm not one hundred per cent sure cause I don't own one.

filosofem
Old 10-05-2008, 02:03 PM

I assigned a controller to one of the knobs and the blue light did NOT come on.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:51 PM

musicalavtech, was that a MIDI Controller or a Control Surface? You can't assign CC to DigiRack EQ3 so it must be a Control Surface.

filosofem
Old 10-06-2008, 03:44 AM

The little lights usually mean that you've got that function Automated. Click the Auto button at the top of any plugin, it opens the automation window, and the stuff in the right column is what's automated. Double-click items in either column to add or remove them from Automation. Let me know if this fixes it.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:49 PM

I went to the automation button on the plugin and there was nothing automated. I cant understand why this is not covered in any manual that I can get my hands on considering that its a function that is on numerous plugins. Could it be a bug?? I swear that I spent forever this time with downloading all the digidesign cs and in the proper order! So, I have an Axiom 61 and its not that. So next is the automation and I just stated it was not that either. Next would be my 002 console.However, I just switched over from using an MBOX 2 PRO to a 002 console so even though I know how to use the general functions Im still a little slow and just started diving in to controlling plugins with the 002. ( I ve been mousing around still) If someone could help with possibilities on the surface that would be great. Thanks for all the help so far. Special thanks to SlimShady. I HATE WHEN SMALL THINGS LIKE THIS KEEP MY O.C. BRAIN FROM MAKING MUSIC!!!