Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 03-25-2021, 07:32 AM

Default Access to Avid account and Ilok Recovery

Hello to all, first timer from this side!
So i need some help!
In the company that i work , we have for same time now one Pro Tools 9 sitting on the shelve.
We also have the computer here the PT was running before , MacPro with Snow Leopard and all the interfaces needed. But we aren't able to find the Ilok.
I have the original yellow paper with the Registration ID,Serial Number and the code on the red stick.
I also have access to Ilok account manager where i can see a Ilok gen2 with this license.When i tried to get in Avid Account with the email that we have has being the one for this account says that wrong pass/mail, when i tried to reset password says that the account do not exist.
So i know that is registered , but i don't know with what email.
I need access to this account so i can start the process of lost ilok.
Someone can help me on this?
Thanks !
Old 03-27-2021, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Access to Avid account and Ilok Recovery

Hmmm, this will be tough as nobody here can possibly know what email and login info you used for either your iLok account OR your MyAvid account. What exactly are you trying to make happen? If your iLok is seen, and shows a license for PT 9, then the software should run fine(the computer doesn't care who the iLok belongs to as long as it sees the proper license). If you are trying to download the software, someone here may have the installer saved somewhere(I tend to save all of mine). Let us know what you really need and maybe somebody has the right solution

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-27-2021, 05:44 PM

He lost his ilok Dave!

OP - I would email pace at www.ilok.com and see if they can help as no one here will be able to help. User to user board.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-28-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Hmmm, this will be tough as nobody here can possibly know what email and login info you used for either your iLok account OR your MyAvid account. What exactly are you trying to make happen? If your iLok is seen, and shows a license for PT 9, then the software should run fine(the computer doesn't care who the iLok belongs to as long as it sees the proper license). If you are trying to download the software, someone here may have the installer saved somewhere(I tend to save all of mine). Let us know what you really need and maybe somebody has the right solution
We lost ( can’t find)the Ilok . I have access to Ilok account, I have the original package with CD’s and the yellow paper and serial number ... the only thing that I don’t have access is the Avid Account(and I need it so I can try to restore license in a new Ilok) . So if some one from Avid could tell me the registered mail after I provide the serial number and all details from yellow paper , at least I can have an idea how is registered.. if it’s a mail from our company fine! We have all info from the past. If it’s a personal mail from let’s say a no longer worker from this company , we can run after it...
Old 03-28-2021, 11:04 AM

I have no expertise on this, but if he can see the lost ilok with the PT license in ILM, then you'd think it would be possible for Avid support to release the license from the lost ilok, and allow him to transfer it to a new ilok?
Old 03-28-2021, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
I have no expertise on this, but if he can see the lost ilok with the PT license in ILM, then you'd think it would be possible for Avid support to release the license from the lost ilok, and allow him to transfer it to a new ilok?
That^^^, OR contact iLok and tell them the iLok was lost or stolen and see if they will allow the licenses to be restored to a new iLok. But not knowing the login info for the iLok account might prevent that. As with Ben, I've never hit this snag. Not having the proper info may raise a red flag with either Avid, iLok or both(but since the OP may have the original codes, that might help with Avid). I'd guess at this point, opening a support case with Avid is probably the next best step to initiate(or go shopping for a used license for PT9, which should be a bargain, these days)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave