Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-17-2004, 03:19 PM

Default changing the length of a region

Can I change the length of play for a selected region so that it lines up with the other tracks? I am not talking about nudging. For example, if a region is 60 seconds in length can I change it to 65 seconds. I am using PTLE 6.1.2 on a Mac dual 125 OSX 10.2.6.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:42 PM

Default Re: changing the length of a region

Use the Time Trimmer tool: select the Trimmer tool, then hit the button again; a "clockface" will appear on the Trimmer tool icon. Put the end of the Trimmer tool at the end of the region you want to shorten, then drag the region to the left (or right to make it longer). You'll get a Time Compress/ Expand progress bar, then --whoa!

If you mess up, undo the drag first before you try it again.

For more about this feature and time compression in general, look at your PT reference guide, which pulls down under the words Pro Tools on the menu bar (just to the right of the Apple) when PT is running.

I'm assuming you know how to find the time of a region?
Old 01-17-2004, 04:46 PM

Default Re: changing the length of a region

If you want to leave the audio with in the region untouched by the TCEX function, but still want to elongate the region, select highlight the entire region and sufficient "dead air" past it to equal the new length desired, then use Consolidate Selection (in the Edit commands).

Hope this helps!
San Diego, CA