Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2012, 02:36 AM

Unhappy Problem to Insert Audio Files into PT8LE

Hello everyone,

after i needed to reInstall PT8LE 8.0.1 because of an total Computer Crash i started having trouble to insert audiofiles like instrumentals.

i have an windows pc that actually has no trouble in running PT at all.

Lets say a customer comes by to record something. He gives me a mp3 stick or what so ever and i drag and drop the audiofile (Beat) onto my main disc drive.

than i start PT8 and after creating a new session i want to insert this audiofile/beat.
(i usually get wave files)

But in like 99,9% of this case i can not insert anything.

Than i need to close PT and reopen the audiofile in my DAW "Frutiy loops 10" to convert the file.
after i finished i can insert a track but!!! the beat is eather slower or faster than the actual BPM of the beat is....

it is a really annoying problem that takes to much time because i have customers almost everyday and they all are stressed iout because of this problem....ME TOO...

what do i dot wrong??
do i convertd wrong in FL studio?
what Bitrate is nessescary?

greetz from berlin and thanks for helping me...maybe ;-)