Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-05-2006, 11:42 AM

Default Line 6 PODxt to Mbox 2 ??? *DELETED*

Post deleted by No L
Old 10-05-2006, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Line 6 PODxt to Mbox 2 ???

There is a setting on the pod where you can choose where the pod is being hooked up to. The choices are something like 4x10 combo 2x10 combo etc. There is a choice called direct input, make sure that you have the pod set to direct input so it recognizes that you are plugging directly into your mbox. I believe that you change this setting on the pods tuner. Thats all i can think of. good luck
Old 10-05-2006, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Line 6 PODxt to Mbox 2 ??? *DELETED*

Post deleted by No L
Old 10-06-2006, 06:31 AM

Hi!

I used to own a POD Pro and the manual did describe pretty extensive, different ways to hook it up, either in a re-amping config or just as a plain amp source.

In either way I am pretty sure the POD will output line level signal so you should connect it to an input that accepts that level.

Page 22:
5 Left & Right Output -
(See numbers 33 and 34 for PODxt Pro’s outputs.)
These balanced 1/4-inch TRS (tip/ring/sleeve) connectors are ready to rock with pro
+4dBu balanced equipment. They will also work happily with unbalanced –10dBV
equipment and standard guitar cables. If you need mono output, you can use either one.

Page 34:
The Ins and Outs of Great Tone
If you’re hooking your PODxt up to a recorder, mixer, or other equipment, be sure you
are plugging its outputs into line level inputs on your other gear, as opposed to microphone
level or guitar level inputs. This will insure that you get the best signal-to-noise
ratio (lots of juicy guitar tone, not too much hiss) with PODxt. Some equipment only
gives you a single input for both mic & line level sources, allowing you to trim low level
signals (like mics) up to a high level at the inputs. If you are plugging your PODxt into
one of these inputs, try setting the trim to minimum, and twisting the Output 4 ...

Re-amping seems to only be available through the USB driver on POD XP, whereas XP Pro allows for separate outs with "unprocessed guitar signal".

Cheers,
- J

Asus P5K Premium v3, Q6600, 2x2GB Corsair

Tyan Thunder n3600B (S2927A2NRF)
2xAMD OPTERON 2214 2.2GHZ

Win XP Pro SP3
Old 10-06-2006, 11:29 AM

I use the PodXT, Vetta, and Toneport extensively for demo quality stuff. I have had equally good results using it both via 1/4" and ASIO drivers.

I've been able to get really big, nice tones (on direct out mode...MAKE SURE you have this output mode set right) by multitracking. For distortions, whether using pod or real amps, I always use at LEAST 4 tracks. Usually I use less gain than say, when trying to play live with one amp by itself. You might need to just practice alot with getting tones. It almost never comes easy, if you're looking for that big, smooth, "gold-record-like" sound. In my humble opinion, It is darn near impossible to get an acceptable heavy distortion of any kind from just one track. Maybe if you are the white stripes or the strokes you can get away with one vox ac30, but not in heavy music. Of course if that's what your going for, ignore what i just said =)

I strongly reccomend you check out the Orange, JCM 800, and the Soldano SLO models for heavies.

This might actually be off topic for pro tools DUC - try the boards on line6.com. People are pretty helpful over there and you can post songs and get real time feedback. The community is really supportive.
We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way beyond presence — presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this device or not; it doesn't say am I meeting with something, am I focused on writing something. [LIST][*]Bill Gates .NET Briefing Day Speech (24 July 2002)