Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-31-2010, 02:47 PM

Default Digidesign/AIR Velvet Demo - Why Is There No iLok Trial License Available?

Just downloaded the demo, then when I click ACTIVATE on the Digi website and it asks for my iLok ID, I get a message saying "No demos are available for the product specified."

Does Digi just want you to buy it now sans using the trial demo version? I'd like to know how good this is before I commit $$ to it.
Pro-Tools 12
2.5GHz i7 Quad Core
Old 03-31-2010, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Digidesign/AIR Velvet Demo - Why Is There No iLok Trial License Available?

I don't remember EVER getting to "try before I buy" on ANY Digi plugins. You can RENT it for a couple of days, though.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Digidesign/AIR Velvet Demo - Why Is There No iLok Trial License Available?

THIS is straight from the Digi website:

-----
Trial Mode
Trial mode lets you try this software on your system before purchasing it. To activate a 14-day trial license for this software, you must have a valid www.iLok.com user ID and an ilok. Obtain your trial license using the online activation process. [Activate Now]
-----

Am I misunderstanding something?
Pro-Tools 12
2.5GHz i7 Quad Core
Old 03-31-2010, 03:03 PM

The "flow chart" for this would be that you have them deposit the "trial authorization" in your I-lok account...then you have to download the authorization TO your I-lok. Then you should be good to go. But the authorization doesn't automatically show up, you gotta log on & get it.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:06 PM

Right, but the window requests you log in and then requests that you enter your iLok ID, I get that message about NO DEMOS AVAILABLE, and then likewise, when I log into my iLok account on the iLok website, there is no trail authorization available for download.
Pro-Tools 12
2.5GHz i7 Quad Core
Old 03-31-2010, 03:15 PM

Hmm, a BIG oversight on Digi's part, it would seem. That's EXACTLY how it SHOULD work. Perhaps a call to Digi CSA (if you don't mind being on hold forvere...)
Old 03-31-2010, 03:19 PM

Thanks! At least I know now that I am not crazy. In case others are interested, here is what I'm getting:

Velvet

In order to activate your license, please enter your iLok User ID below.
If you do not have an iLok User ID, please visit www.ilok.com to create one now.

Please note: Your iLok User ID is NOT printed on your iLok. No demos are available for the product specified.
Pro-Tools 12
2.5GHz i7 Quad Core
Old 03-31-2010, 03:25 PM

Yeah, and just the fact that Digi doesn't give you the option of entering your I-lok account would support the fact that I-lok would not have a temp authorization for you. I typically really like the I-lok protocol, but it does make it danged difficult to audition stuff first.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:29 PM

No, digi DOES give you the option of entering it your iLok account by asking you for your iLok ID with the pretext of depositing that authorization, it just spits back that error message. APPARENTLY, I'm not the only one with that problem: http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=258911

I'm going to have to contact Digi like you said. Thanks!
Pro-Tools 12
2.5GHz i7 Quad Core
Old 03-31-2010, 03:34 PM

Maybe they're too busy busting their butts to get all the bugs out of 8.0.3....(as if...)