Old 10-17-2013, 11:47 AM

Default Izotope Nectar 2

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/nectar/
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)
Old 10-17-2013, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Izotope Nectar 2

It's great , desser particularly good as well

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]
Old 10-22-2013, 03:16 PM

Would anyone care to make some comparisons with this suite and others in the same space? As usual, the price ranges are massive.

I'm most keenly interested in the Pitch Correction functionality that comes with the Pitch Correction plug-in and the Harmonizer functionality in the Harmonizer module. Pitch correction to the extent of an occasional touch-up. Mostly it's harmonies that lead me to look at this suite.

For reference, I'm getting by using the Elastic Pitch and the time-pitch functionality from inside the Audio-Suite for both touch-ups and setting up and rendering some vocal harmonies. I just mix the results in like I would mix anything else that I add to a Session.

(Sometimes it is quite amazing what one can get for "free".)

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker View Post
Would anyone care to make some comparisons with this suite and others in the same space? As usual, the price ranges are massive.

I'm most keenly interested in the Pitch Correction functionality that comes with the Pitch Correction plug-in and the Harmonizer functionality in the Harmonizer module. Pitch correction to the extent of an occasional touch-up. Mostly it's harmonies that lead me to look at this suite.

For reference, I'm getting by using the Elastic Pitch and the time-pitch functionality from inside the Audio-Suite for both touch-ups and setting up and rendering some vocal harmonies. I just mix the results in like I would mix anything else that I add to a Session.

(Sometimes it is quite amazing what one can get for "free".)

Thanks in advance for any insight.
For me, it's a no brainier with the $99.00 for the Suite Upgrade. It's a good product.. The reverb is MUCH better now with the Plates they have. If you don't need the Pitch stuff, which I won't use and the harmonizer, then I would get just the EQ separate. You can demo it for 10 days fully functional and make up your own mind too. G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 10-22-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
For me, it's a no brainier with the $99.00 for the Suite Upgrade. It's a good product.. The reverb is MUCH better now with the Plates they have. If you don't need the Pitch stuff, which I won't use and the harmonizer, then I would get just the EQ separate. You can demo it for 10 days fully functional and make up your own mind too. G
Hi, and thanks for the response.

I guess I'm the opposite of you in some respects in that I want to use the pitch correction plug and I want to use the Harmonizer more than the other components.

Perhaps I will change my view of the other components as I get deeper. Well, I did mess with the EQ a bit and did become fond of it in short order.

You said you didn't use the pitch correction. Have you used the Harmonizer and have an opinion of it?
Old 10-23-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Hi, and thanks for the response.

I guess I'm the opposite of you in some respects in that I want to use the pitch correction plug and I want to use the Harmonizer more than the other components.

Perhaps I will change my view of the other components as I get deeper. Well, I did mess with the EQ a bit and did become fond of it in short order.

You said you didn't use the pitch correction. Have you used the Harmonizer and have an opinion of it?
Gotcha.. I did look at the pitch thing, but I use Melodyne for all of that stuff..
The Harmonizer is sort of interesting. May try it as a sound design tool more that an traditional harmonizer. I like to do the vocals for real when it comes to harmonies.
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 10-23-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
Gotcha.. I did look at the pitch thing, but I use Melodyne for all of that stuff..
The Harmonizer is sort of interesting. May try it as a sound design tool more that an traditional harmonizer. I like to do the vocals for real when it comes to harmonies.
I would too, but I am no good at it. It took me a while to find, but I did find the one thing I was worse at than singing straight vocals. singing harmonies.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:21 PM

• The pitch editor is decent, but (as one would expect) doesn't quite have the detection accuracy of Melodyne. I haven't spent much time on it, but I think it is definitely worth the price difference between the Standard and Production Suite upgrade. I would not be at all surprised if Izotope eventually expands the feature set of the Pitch Editor and blends in some RX features.
  • One feature I really appreciate about the pitch editor is that you can sync the PE transport with the PT transport. It requires setting up a rewired instance of PE to act as the bridge, but then the track can be hidden. This is something that IIRC the Melodyne plug-in couldn't do.
  • Breath Control, I can't speak on it. I'm sure it's usable, but I have no immediate need of something like that.
  • I haven't played with the harmony module, but its features seem to be in line with AVOX, which is a good thing.
  • You already know Izotope EQ is useful and has a well-designed interface. Same with the compression.
  • I'm not sure about the other features, I haven't used them yet.
  • I've encountered a few problems with the UI becoming unresponsive in Pro Tools 11. My fix is to close the plug-in window and reopen it. The Pitch Editor can be sluggish.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:11 AM

Thanks for the info, mesaone.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I would too, but I am no good at it. It took me a while to find, but I did find the one thing I was worse at than singing straight vocals. singing harmonies.

The trick is not to over use it and listen to what you do. I would create a dup track for Melodyne and work form there. Then you could also look at the videos. My experience has been one of gradual appreciation for it, when I had to work with some poor singers. It REALLY helped with that! Also doubling and getting it to be really tight. I think it does work well if you don't abuse it and give it a change to work for you. Good luck. G