Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2008, 11:50 PM

Default PT8 higher resolution Waveform question!

Hi!

A question to Digi! I read that the waveforms will be shown at a higher resolution in PT8. Does it mean that all sessions made in a PT version prior v8 will have to rebuild the waveforms and how long will it take to rebuild them?
You know, i hope you make it better that the Steinberg guys, we have some problems with Nuendo4 in work, when you have a session with 64 or so tracks with files 2 hours long, the new waveforms of Nuendo will mess it all up and the waveform folder is about 2GB!!! And rebuilding waveforms from N3 to N4 needs really long time. btw this is not a Nuendo bashing thread N is just another tool, we use in work and i want to compare the "improvements"!

Just curious...
MacBook Pro i7 Quad 2.6GHz 16GB RAM
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise
Old 11-21-2008, 07:33 AM
Avid

Default Re: PT8 higher resolution Waveform question!

Quote:
Does it mean that all sessions made in a PT version prior v8 will have to rebuild the waveforms and how long will it take to rebuild them?
Yes, they'll need to be recalculated. How long depends on how fast your system is and how much audio you have in the session. My overall impression is that it's pretty fast, but you still may want to allot enough additional time for recalculation, just to be safe.