Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-15-2008, 06:14 PM

Default PreSonus Monitor Station = Questions

I have two sets of monitors, they seems like a great piece of hardware that I can use in my home studio.

Also I'm using a DIGI 002 rack, is it possibly to setup several headphone mixes out of that system?

Last but not least thanks for the comments, and please only add positive remarks

thank you
Old 09-15-2008, 06:31 PM

Default Re: PreSonus Monitor Station = Questions

the 002 has 8 mono outs in the back, right? You could just use 3-8 for headphone mixes (bus whatever tracks you want to them from the sends).

Not sure if you were looking to make use of both monitors as well... seems like two seperate questions, but as far as making use of both sets of monitors, there are the main outs (1 & 2) then there are Monitor Outputs, which are controlled by the volume knob. Not sure if there's a way to switch back and forth between the alts and the mains.

Does that answer the question?
Old 09-15-2008, 06:35 PM

I guess it partially answered my question, I would need to set up a bus and then control the volume via software?

For the headphones and monitors......

So would I benefit in any way by buying the Presonus Monitor station?
Old 09-15-2008, 07:31 PM

I think Logic has some special plugins for that. lol
Old 09-15-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianstoner View Post
I think Logic has some special plugins for that. lol
Which pertains "NOTHING" to topic on hand.

I post that other thread and it's 4 pages this one, I can't even get no replies just goes to show you exactly what I have been saying about people here
Old 09-15-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJArmstrong View Post
the 002 has 8 mono outs in the back, right? You could just use 3-8 for headphone mixes (bus whatever tracks you want to them from the sends).

Not sure if you were looking to make use of both monitors as well... seems like two seperate questions, but as far as making use of both sets of monitors, there are the main outs (1 & 2) then there are Monitor Outputs, which are controlled by the volume knob. Not sure if there's a way to switch back and forth between the alts and the mains.

Does that answer the question?

Correct me if I'm wrong but 3-8 are mono outputs, so if I connect my headphone to say output three I'm only hearing one side of the headphone and not both..........
Old 09-15-2008, 08:17 PM

Is this the minneapolis j frank? wow it's been a while. we need to catch up.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovernotfighter View Post
Is this the minneapolis j frank? wow it's been a while. we need to catch up.
No, and thank you for staying on topic
Old 09-15-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J FRANK View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but 3-8 are mono outputs, so if I connect my headphone to say output three I'm only hearing one side of the headphone and not both..........
Not sure what you're getting at there, but it does sound like the monitor station will do everything you need. You can connect outputs 1-2 and 3-4 to the inputs of it, then choose either of those pairs as the source for your main monitors and 4 separate headphone outputs. Basically, you can have a source selected and switch between three sets of monitors with that source. You can also have four sets of headphones monitoring either source.

The basic setup for Pro Tools would be that you could use outputs 1-2 as your main output (which is default), then setup a pre-fader send on your tracks to outputs 3-4 for a cue mix. With the press of a button you could choose to hear your main or cue mix on your main monitors or headphones.

For what it's worth, there is also a third set of inputs on the monitor station, but the third set is unbalanced RCA. That's not the end of the world as long as you have the proper cable and keep the length short.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Simpson View Post
Not sure what you're getting at there, but it does sound like the monitor station will do everything you need. You can connect outputs 1-2 and 3-4 to the inputs of it, then choose either of those pairs as the source for your main monitors and 4 separate headphone outputs. Basically, you can have a source selected and switch between three sets of monitors with that source. You can also have four sets of headphones monitoring either source.

The basic setup for Pro Tools would be that you could use outputs 1-2 as your main output (which is default), then setup a pre-fader send on your tracks to outputs 3-4 for a cue mix. With the press of a button you could choose to hear your main or cue mix on your main monitors or headphones.

For what it's worth, there is also a third set of inputs on the monitor station, but the third set is unbalanced RCA. That's not the end of the world as long as you have the proper cable and keep the length short.
Great reply, I just wanted to figure out a way that I could do everything the Presonus is doing without having to actually buy it.

Digi 002 rack has plenty of outputs and it's a shame there's only one set of dedicated monitor outputs with a volume knob.

It's seems like I can create buses and setup some form of a cue mix, but it just is'nt working the way I want it too.

Can you tell me the proper way on setting up a cue mix,
thank you