Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 04-01-2021, 05:14 PM

Default A few Issues with Pro Tools First

Hi All
I have started to use PTF again and have a couple issues.
1. Cannot create new cloud projects even though I do not have any
2. Cannot see my focusrite bundles products like eleven lite etc..
3. I have a paid for storage plan and it does not show up correctly in my main account, I am guessing this is linked to issue 1

For issue 1 I believe that avid have to reset my storage ?
For issue 2, I have made sure that the ilok is active on my mac and I am signed into the correct master account within PTF
and issue 3, no idea....

Running PTF 2021.3.0 on Big Sur and everything is up to date in avid link
not the best return back to PTF, but I'm sure it will get sorted :)
Old 04-01-2021, 06:25 PM

Default Re: A few Issues with Pro Tools First

You can search for the hundreds and hundreds of posts on DUC about folks having problem with Pro Tools First, and especially flakey cloud storage. And then hopefully you would question why you are spending your time and risking your work with First when there are many other well regarded DAWs. You can also rent Pro Tools standard monthly if you want a Pro Tools compatible DAW and use it with traditional reliable local sessions.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:39 PM

If you have a paid plan for cloud storage you best thing to do is contact Avid support for clearing issues on that case.

Because there is no support on Pro Tools First:

If you log in to your account with avid link, after a while you will see all your Products that are registered to your account at avid. Under Pro Tools First you will find notes like 23 Plugins or so. Please open this link. Then you will see what is available for you, what is installed or not and needs activity. If you have registered your Focusrite Eleven packs they will be shown. If they show up as installed they will work. Please notice that they will mostly work on audio Tracks.

Please do so and report back.

Best

MacBook Pro 13, Mid 2012, 10 GB, 250 GB Crucial MX
macOs 11.6.5 / Windows 10
Wavelab Elements 11

Music was my first love - shine on
Old 04-03-2021, 02:16 PM

My best advice re Pro Tools First is: dump it. Either get the regular version, or choose another DAW(since you're on a Mac, Logic would seem a solid option). Re the cloud: Don't trust it. Make "sessions" on your computer, instead of "projects" in the cloud. Sharing them with other Pro Tools users is as simple as Zipping the session and uploading it with Dropbox, wetranfer.com or some other large file sharing option.

Another way to share work that's really easy:
Bounce an MP3 from zero on the timeline and add the BPM to the file name(something like "songname110BPM_stageX"(stage X referring to whatever version the song is up to). Or add the initials of the last person to work on it to keep track of where it stands towards completion(this is just a suggestion but think about what method makes the most sense for you and your collaborators)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-04-2021, 12:17 AM

Thanks for the comments everyone
Unfortunately the artist I am working with insists on using PTF and I’m having a tough time convincing them there are better ways. I contacted avid regarding the cloud issue and they basically said you are in your own go and look at the forum or the Facebook group as there are avid reps on there who can help. Still no plugins showing in PTF even though they are registered as installed in my avid link and application manager. This all worked as expected when I used it last back in 2017/18

The reason I don’t use full protools anymore is I am not going to pay yearly subscription fees for a product that I have had nothing but issues with and terrible support for. This is my own experience of the product and the company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2021, 07:30 AM

Do you have multiple Avid accounts? Make sure your products and subscriptions are under the right account. Most of the time something isn’t linked right or something is registered to the wrong account and obviously things don’t work. If you are sure things are right, post back and I’ll see if I can have someone reset your cloud storage.

As far as the Focusrite bundle, you can search the forums and find that others have also had issues with them. In general they should work, but you may need to uninstall and reinstall them to get them to show.

System Details
Old 04-05-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
Do you have multiple Avid accounts? Make sure your products and subscriptions are under the right account. Most of the time something isn’t linked right or something is registered to the wrong account and obviously things don’t work. If you are sure things are right, post back and I’ll see if I can have someone reset your cloud storage.

As far as the Focusrite bundle, you can search the forums and find that others have also had issues with them. In general they should work, but you may need to uninstall and reinstall them to get them to show.
Hey Will

I have had a response back from Avid support regarding my cloud account and they are going to reset it for me.
I only have one Avid account but two version of pro tools first in there.
One is with the focusrite bundle and the other isn't. ( Long story )
I am signed into my iLok account with the version that has the bundle.
Also I can see all of the plugins listed in the Avid Link and they are all installed which says to me that I am using the correct version and account.