Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-26-2008, 04:54 AM

Default MPC 2000xl and Pro Tools 7.4 HELP!!!!!

Ok heres the issue. I have my trusty MPC triggering pro tools which works fine. The problem comes when i start using Plugs for sound. Im using mainly structure, xpand and Trilogy. Number one, getting each track to record on each midi channel was confusing enuff, but now I have ghost notes and stuck notes!!!!!! I have my controller running through the MPC midi In which lets me control everything, but why am i getting those ghost notes(notes cutting each other off) when I'm playing? Is there some setting that needs to be changed? or is there a better way to set the whole process up? Please HELP!!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Avid

Default Re: MPC 2000xl and Pro Tools 7.4 HELP!!!!!

How do you have everything connected? Which version of Pro Tools are you using?

See the Help Us Help You thread for details about what we need to know to help you properly...
Old 09-29-2008, 10:22 AM

I apologize for the lack of info. I am using a mpc 2000xl midi out to the midi in on the Digi 002R. Im using 7.4. I also have a m-audio prokeys 88 controller that I have midi out to the mpc midi in. When I set my instrument tracks it works but some of the notes get clipped of if I use the sustain pedal. Then I get the notes that stick and I have to do the ALL Notes Off to get it to stop!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Avid

So you're saying you do NOT have any MIDI cables going back to the MIDI in on the MPC?

I think, given your signal chain, that the MPC is double triggering - when you play a note on the ProKeys, it's re-triggering the MPC, causing double notes. You have to set the MPC so that it does not respond and only passes through the MIDI data coming from the ProKeys.

Either that or get an additional MIDI interface so that you have more ports to connect the ProKeys to, rather than running it through the MPC...
Old 10-01-2008, 05:05 AM

Thanks for that info. I can run the ProKeys thru the USB port on the board, but i wasnt sure if I could still use the sequencer on the MPC to run the session. Wouldnt I have to use Pro Tools to run everything? I really like the sequencer on the MPC and wanted to keep that as the master.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by drebeatz View Post
Thanks for that info. I can run the ProKeys thru the USB port on the board, but i wasnt sure if I could still use the sequencer on the MPC to run the session. Wouldnt I have to use Pro Tools to run everything?
If you connect the ProKeys via USB, you would have to use Pro Tools for sequencing.

The question is - if you're using the MPC for sequencing, why would you be recording MIDI into Pro Tools? Are you trying to trigger a VI?

If you need to use the MPC for sequencing, you'll need to channelize the MIDI data as I indicated above.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:44 AM

Im actually not recording MIDI in protools. Im just using the VI's. Once the song is complete then I want to track everything out in Pro Tools. Is there an easier method? Right now I just want to get setup to work and be productive. Thanks for your assistance!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Avid

If you want to track it into Pro Tools, you should make sure the input of the track you're recording to is set to the MIDI channel coming from the MPC that you want recorded on that track. That should prevent any double triggering of notes and such.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:28 AM

Thats kinda what I was doing, but i also ran into an issue with Xpand! when I go to a new track, I cant select a different midi channel. I can be on channel 3 and channel 1 is playing. Its crazy!