Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2008, 01:29 PM

Default Quick NOOB questions

Regarding the included plugins from ignition pack 2:

1. What is the most appropriate compressor to use on the master fader for mastering purposes: Ozone, Bomb Factory, or the default Digidesign compressor, and if so, what are the best default settings to use?

2. IS there an included pitch correction function? I played around with Melodyne but it says you have to upgrade to a full version to use pitch correction (or is there some other way to get the included version to do it)?

3. Is there a sound replacing function, ie replacing a kick sound, included in the free plugin package or with pro tools itself?

4. Is there a guide somewhere (maybe on line) as to what the grooves actually do in the midi event quantization window (cubase grooves, logic style, etc--I'm not really sure what I should use and when, all I know is I'd like my drums to have a little more life).

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychotoddler View Post
Regarding the included plugins from ignition pack 2:

1. What is the most appropriate compressor to use on the master fader for mastering purposes: Ozone, Bomb Factory, or the default Digidesign compressor, and if so, what are the best default settings to use?
All will work though Ozone 3 is specifically designed for mastering and comes with some presets. That said, the demo included in the IP has limited functionality as the presets cannot be edited. To get the most out of Ozone 3 you'll need to purchase the full version.

Quote:
2. IS there an included pitch correction function? I played around with Melodyne but it says you have to upgrade to a full version to use pitch correction (or is there some other way to get the included version to do it)?
If I recall correctly, you can correct pitch but some of the other tools are omitted on the 'Essential' version. Believe me, time invested in learning the software will be rewarded at a future date.

Quote:
3. Is there a sound replacing function, ie replacing a kick sound, included in the free plugin package or with pro tools itself?
This can be achieved (to a degree) using Beat detective by 'slicing' the audio into regions and 'flying in' replacement samples using 'tab to transient'. Otherwise something like 'Sound Replacer' will do this but is not included as standard.

http://www.myspace.com/philogg