Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2001, 03:26 PM

Default Midi + wav files

I have 10 midi channels and 3 audio tracks in one session. They play together beautifully. However, how do I bounce the midi channels into audio tracks so they can be output was wav files and put a final mix on them. Can it be done inside PTF or do I have to manually record the midi tracks as wav files outside of PTF and then import them.
Please help!!!!!
Woody
PS I'm using SB3 Live and T-Bird 850.
Old 03-27-2001, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Midi + wav files

Woody, the PTFree option "Bounce to Disk" will include MIDI and audio tracks in a mixdown, but you have to SELECT them. i.e, holding down CTRL, click on EACH track name that you want included in the mixdown, then choose File>Bounce to Disk.

Having said that, just recording MIDI to an audio track is pretty easy. First you have to tell windows what you're recording, so double click the volume icon in the systray, choose File>Properties>Recording and tick MIDI. OK and OK.

Then go back to PT, create a new audio track, mute any MIDi Tracks you DON'T want on your new track, hit record and away you go.

Good luck.

Matthew