Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2018, 03:16 PM

Default "The maximum number of projects has been reached for this account"

I have just installed Pro Tools First on my PC (Windows 10 Home, machine built for VR so plenty beefy to run a DAW), and I get this error message when I try to create an initial project: ""The maximum number of projects has been reached for this account." Obviously I haven't created any projects yet, so this can't be right. I see from searching that many other people have this problem and have apparently had it for some time now. I have tried all the solutions I find in the extensive thread below on the subject--log in, log out; start iLok first; uninstall, reinstall; etc--but nothing changes the situation. Anybody have any other suggestions? It seems to me that somehow I'm not getting fully logged-in, as the log-out choice on the file menu is followed by an empty pair of parentheses [Signout()] rather than what I assume would be my username, and the sign in on the template page simply says "Signing in" with the ellipses blipping endlessly. I have created all necessary accounts, I believe, and have linked every kind of account to my master account. Seems like it should be a simple solve. Appreciate any help. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:28 PM

Default Re: "The maximum number of projects has been reached for this account"

Contact Avid support. They may need to reset your account.

System Details
Old 06-07-2018, 11:17 AM

Thanks for this advice. Submitted a trouble ticket with the same subject line as this message, per the Avid website's instructions, and was informed that there is no technical support for Pro Tools First, after which the ticket was closed. They advised me to use the forums to look for help. Seems like a vicious circle.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:27 AM

I have exactly the same problem. When I tried to contact support I was told that they do not support First and I better write in the forum. Did anyone found a solution to this problem?
Old 12-08-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixofstorm View Post
I have exactly the same problem. When I tried to contact support I was told that they do not support First and I better write in the forum. Did anyone found a solution to this problem?
Hi, Welcome to the Community

Try signing out and sign Back in again and see if that does it.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-08-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hi, Welcome to the Community

Try signing out and sign Back in again and see if that does it.
Thank you,
I have already tried this to no avail. I even deleted the backup project folder on my hard disk - still nothing. And so far I have not used First even once.
The reason I want to use it is because I have a mixing project on a deadline and I am used to Pro Tools, as in the studio where I work we use Pro Tools exclusively and I know the program well.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:58 PM

This happened to me, and the next day I restarted my computer and it magically corrected itself ( I think ). So far I am less than impressed with any support I've asked for, no responses after creating a case over a week ago on other issues.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixofstorm View Post
Thank you,
I have already tried this to no avail. I even deleted the backup project folder on my hard disk - still nothing. And so far I have not used First even once.
The reason I want to use it is because I have a mixing project on a deadline and I am used to Pro Tools, as in the studio where I work we use Pro Tools exclusively and I know the program well.
You do know there are limitations in PTF like no third party plugins and limits to track counts etc so make sure those mixing projects will be able to open in Pro Tools First so you don’t waste time on something thats a non starter.

I will escalate this to Avid support for you so they can look into your account.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-13-2018, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
You do know there are limitations in PTF like no third party plugins and limits to track counts etc so make sure those mixing projects will be able to open in Pro Tools First so you don’t waste time on something thats a non starter.

I will escalate this to Avid support for you so they can look into your account.
Thank you. I hope it works.
As for the limitations - I am aware of the track count limitation. As for the third party plugins - this my pose a problem. I was hoping to use a free convolution reverb and several other plugins. I do need a very advanced mixing setup and was hoping First will be able to provide that. Because all the other DAWs I have (mostly ones that came with my hardware) are not nearly as good as Pro Tools. Even a limited version of PT will be better, but not being able to use 3rd party plugins kind of defeats the purpose.
I might just upgrade for a month if I don't find another solution.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:55 AM

Yeah the plugins you can use are the ones you buy thru Avid Marketplace inside PT First so no plugins you already have will work and there are nothing that will work to get them working.

Also PT First is a free ”test” DAW so of you are going to run ”very advanced mixing” you will need the right tools for the job. You wouldn’t show up at a constriction site with your childrens toy toolbox

So if you wanna try the real PT version you can do a monthly subscription and evaluate for a month or two or buy a secondhand license for around $200 and then upgrade to yearly plan when you can for $299

Best of Luck
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————