Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 11-15-2011, 07:05 AM

Default Avid support plan...you can't even buy it anywhere!

Standard Support Plan....is this some sort of practical joke?
I WANTED to buy it from my reseller in Germany, he asked you (AVID) about it 2 weeks ago!
You never even bothered to reply, so my reseller contacted me, telling me "sorry, but AVID isn't only ignoring their customers, but their resellers as well, they don't even reply to our request, I suggest you buy it from Sweetwater or something"...
but I CAN'T!!!
so I decided to get that stupid supportplan to upgrade to HD10 (which will be the last money I sepnd on AVID!), but it's not even possible to get it anywhere!
your customer "success" is effin ridiculous!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Avid support plan...you can't even buy it anywhere!

The inability of Avid to sell their product to people who want to buy it must be frustrating and embarrassing for the few Avid staff who are good enough to post in these forums.

Imagine a used car lot with people lined up outside the locked gates with money to spend while the owners and the salesmen argue about the best way to sell the cars.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lang View Post
It must be embarrassing for Max and the tech staff here.
I don't think so, they'll just keep ignoring it ans telling us how great their "customer SUCCESS" is.

yes, it IS embarassing, but tbh I don't think they see or even understand it...
and if they do they know just too well that noone of the CEOs is getting it, so nothing's gonna change
Old 11-15-2011, 12:19 PM

Question Re: Avid support plan...you can't even buy it anywhere!

One dealer told me the support plan is just for PT10 and not PT10HD any logic to that???? You would think Avid would have had this all conveyed to the dealers but I'm getting different layouts from almost each one?
Old 11-15-2011, 02:29 PM

That is because the support plan was never meant to be what they're trying to sell it for now.
When avid realized they lost 90% of their customers they tried to look like the glorious knight by pulling that support plan out of their sleeves
"Here we are, customer "success" to the rescue"...
Of course that whole thing was just a half assed coverup and now they have trouble offering the actual support ( or shall I say "success") they offered
Old 11-15-2011, 03:23 PM

Same here. My local dealer is waiting for Avid to get infos.
So far he hasn't got any answers reg. the support plan by Avid
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 11-15-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSD-Studio View Post
That is because the support plan was never meant to be what they're trying to sell it for now.
When avid realized they lost 90% of their customers they tried to look like the glorious knight by pulling that support plan out of their sleeves
"Here we are, customer "success" to the rescue"...
Of course that whole thing was just a half assed coverup and now they have trouble offering the actual support ( or shall I say "success") they offered
And where do yo come up with that percentage? Just by unfounded, unverifiable and unreliable posts on forums, or do you actually have access to the books?

Wave-T.com
Old 11-15-2011, 05:01 PM

In any case this ranks as one of the most botched releases from a marketing standpoint that has ever carried the name of PT. It has apparently alienated as many as it has gained new customers.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:31 PM

Question Re: Avid support plan...you can't even buy it anywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhartman View Post
In any case this ranks as one of the most botched releases from a marketing standpoint that has ever carried the name of PT. It has apparently alienated as many as it has gained new customers.
It's incredible how Avid has been working on this release for how long and all we see is botch marketing ploys, uninformed dealers...

Also, again we have the same person show up who spends all his time on this site but has no skin in the game like some others who have large investments.

Avid how much do pay these people and if he's not part of Avid it's very odd how much time the person spends on this site....very strange?
Old 11-16-2011, 12:05 AM

It's just broken.

They have people trying to buy their "support" plan to get the software that can't do it.

They can't figure out how to make a demo happen.

The company is crashing. So now it's gambler at the horse track time. A $2 bet isn't worth it. The $599 doesn't matter. We gotta bet it all and go long. And then?

Time to learn another interface folks.