Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 08-17-2013, 04:12 PM

Default GOing back to 2.7 edit!! a piece of good news.. kind of

So I decided to go back to 2.7 for when I use PT 10 at least I would still be able to use the artist mix. Uninstalled 3.0, rebooted and then reinstalled 2.7 but still no go. The AM boots but it doesn't go past the avid logos and I can't seem to acces it through the eucon discovery and eucon mix control or what ever the other one is called.

I'm thinking there's a registry key that hasn't been properly removed, so could anyone from Avid please tell me all the registry keys that would have been installed for eucon 3.0 on windows 7 ultimate 64 so I can manually remove them. Thanks.

Wave-T.com
Old 09-21-2013, 01:18 AM

Default Re: GOing back to 2.7 edit!! a piece of good news.. kind of

Well here's one piece of good news. After a couple of week of uninteruped work, I had a day free (today) to actually try and resolve this problem fully, which meant a complete fresh install of Windows, the drivers, eucon and finally pro Tools and all my VI's..it's 4 am and I'm not done yet... BUT!!!!! Eucon 3 is working with PT 11 here, and 10 of course.

Two annoying bug that I have seen In PT 11HD that is not happening in PT 10, and I will submit the bug reports as soon as my mail system is installed again.

Bug 1: Even if you redid your I/O routing prior to creating a session, when you press shift and Pan/MIX only the first and last channel in the session is showing the output/buss assignment. To fix that, you have to go while in the session, open the I/O setting page and click ok to close the page, that fixes the problem for that session, but you have to do it in any other sessions you are working with.

Bug 2: You cannot assign outputs, or busses from the Artist mix. Let me try and explain in details

Hold shift while pressing the pan/mis button
Press the top knob to select the track you want to do the assignment on
You get 3 choices

Nooutput: if you press on that one there's nothing else you can do, even pressing back doesn't assign anything.

Output: Pressing on that one gives you the choices of all your output paired by their stereo equivalence. Pressing on the one you want only gives you one option per two knobs. Example, if I select Output 3-4 my knob 1 will show output 3 and my knob 2 will show output 4, pressing on either does nothing and pressing on back does nothing either. In pro Tools 10 this works perfectly as when you press the path you wish you get 3 knobs, knob 1 would give you in this example output 3-4, knob 2 would give you output 3, knob 3 would give you output 4. Pressing on either 3 will assign the output path to that channel and then pressing back will bring you out of the assignment mode.

Bus: Same problem as Outputs assignments.

Now in PT 10, none of the above is a problem.

While you can assign things with the mouse, it's rather a mind bender to try and figure out how Q&A have missed that at all in the first place.

Wave-T.com