Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2006, 05:44 PM

Default Re: VST to RTAS adaptor problem?

Quote:
i know for sure that i have a couple of steinberg plug ins that are older version and don't support rewire or RTAS...so when i use FXpansion vst to rtas adaptor, they show up under instruments and i can open them up (such as virtual guitarist from steinberg) ,but i don't get any sound..
Wait a sec. Just a thought, but if you know the ones causing problems aren't up to date, can you get updates for them? That could be the problem.

Otherwise, I was thinking that maybe the VSTis not loading properly were specifically meant for a program. I have effect VST's that won't load in my VST to RTAS Adapter because they're only meant for a program I don't use... but again, they don't load in the adapter. Atleast your VSTi's do that much, so....
Old 05-22-2006, 09:15 PM

I SEE....THANKS A LOT...I DIDN'T KNOW THAT VERSION 2.0 WASN'T COMPATIBLE WITH PROTOOLS 6.9...IT WOULDN'T GIVE LIKE ANY ERROR MESSAGES THOUGH, THAT'S WHY I THOUGHT NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT...YEAH, I'LL GO AND SEE AND IF I CAN DOWNLOAD THE OLDER VERSION...I COULD'VE UPGRADED MY PROTOOLS TO 7 LONG TIME AGO, BUT I'M AFRAID I'LL RUN INTO PROBLEMS WITH THE PLUGS INS THAT I USE, BECUASE I'M NOT SO SURE THAT THEY'RE CAUGHT UP WITH VERSION 7 YET.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:19 PM

YEAH, JUST LIKE YOU SAID THE NEWER VERSION DO SUPPORT REWIRE, SO BASICALLY YOU WON'T NEED ANY ADAPTOR..BUT THE NEW UPDATES AREN'T FREE...I THINK THAT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE MORE THEN YOUR CASUAL UPGRADE..THEY'VE ADDED TO THEM QUIET OF BIT..STEINBERG STUFF THAT IS........AND YES, I TRIED ALL VSTs and all of them show up in protools and i can load them but no sound..some one earlier mentioned Fxpansion 2 only works with pt 7..and i have 6.9.....darn it!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 03:51 AM
FXpansion Audio

If you're a legit user of VST-RTAS v2, you can download v1.06 for PT 6.9 free from your user account.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:32 AM

Quote:
The only problem i've had so far is with the kjaerhus classic series vst effects. The GUI for these plugs doesn't adapt properly - the knobs for the effects don't show up. I have to click a few times where each knob should be and they start appearing but i still can't see the numeric values. They still sound right though.

Have you got the most recent versions of these plugs? That was a problem they had a while back but was fixed on a more recent update - 6 months to a year ago???

Scott