Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 06-16-2022, 08:48 PM

Default Redeemable products unusable (BioTek, Melodyne, Sound Credit)

Having 3 issues relating to redeemed products for Pro Tools 2022-5 on 2 devices:

1. On Windows 11, BioTek (plug-in) is installed/activated but doesn't appear in PT.

2. On macOS 12.4, Melodyne (plug-in) is installed/activated, opens outside PT but doesn't appear in PT.

3. On both Windows/Mac, if I log into the Sound Credit Portal app, I get the error "You do not have a Sound Credit Publisher subscription", although I do, redeemed as part of the Pro Tools Inner Circle package. No response from [email protected].

Any help would be appreciated before I contact Avid.

Last edited by cmhawke; 06-23-2022 at 08:54 PM. Reason: list products in title
Old 06-23-2022, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Redeemable products unusable

So no one here uses these and/or encountered these issues?
Old 06-23-2022, 09:12 PM

Many many people use these plugins, if lots of users had problems you would have folks on DUC complaining about issues, you can search DUC and see. Asking if people have problems...folks might or might bother to reply to you. Inner Circle stuff I'm not sure if that gets many users, would be curious to know.

For the plugin installs:
o You looked to see if the .aaxplugin file in in the Pro Tools plugin folder?
o You see the plugins load in the Pro Tools splash screen?
o Tried trashing prefs?
o Many many users get confused by looking for plugins in the wrong insert/plugin sub menu. Are you looking in the right place? See the plugin documentation if necessary.

For Sound Credit, their customer support non-response tells me all I would need to know before uninstalling their freeware crapware.
Old 06-24-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Many many people use these plugins, if lots of users had problems you would have folks on DUC complaining about issues, you can search DUC and see. Asking if people have problems...folks might or might bother to reply to you. Inner Circle stuff I'm not sure if that gets many users, would be curious to know.

For the plugin installs:
o You looked to see if the .aaxplugin file in in the Pro Tools plugin folder?
o You see the plugins load in the Pro Tools splash screen?
o Tried trashing prefs?
o Many many users get confused by looking for plugins in the wrong insert/plugin sub menu. Are you looking in the right place? See the plugin documentation if necessary.

For Sound Credit, their customer support non-response tells me all I would need to know before uninstalling their freeware crapware.
Rescanning seemed to do the trick for BioTek and Melodyne on Windows and Mac, thanks.

Edit: also resolved SoundCredit issue using these steps customer support provided: log in at their site, click on profile pic in upper-right, click Manage Subscription, then Activate My Subscription. Apparently this was an extra step required to link my subscription to my profile even after subscribing.

Seems all resolved now.

Last edited by cmhawke; 06-27-2022 at 12:35 PM.