Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Partner Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2022, 11:54 AM
Venn Audio

Default Viper - streamers plugin

Hi there,

Apologies for the commercial post, but there was a problem posting in the 'partner' forum.

I made a plugin for generating wipes/streamers for ADR/Foley recording. If you want to trigger on screen wipes with midi notes in your DAW, please do try it out at https://www.vennaudio.com/product/Viper

I hope it helps some people out. If you're just starting out or you need a basic, minimal solution, this might be for you. Or if you use Windows/Linux and don't have as many options. If you do try it and have some feedback on the plugin, I would love to hear it.

Thanks!

Last edited by jeffro; 03-02-2023 at 02:44 PM. Reason: thread moved
Old 02-22-2022, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Viper - streamers plugin

Very nice, thank you! Could you add an auto-cue option so that you don't have to prepare midi cues at all? So that when you set an X-second preroll in PT and in your plugin it will auto-backtime and fire the streamer whenever one hits play/record? This would be essential for Foley sessions where your cues constantly change. Saves a ton of time manually setting up these midi events.
Can probably be worked around by creating a one note event that's as long as the entire reel so it's simply always triggered. At least that's ow I did it with the good old Streamers stand alone app.

Many thanks!

Last edited by Frank Kruse; 02-22-2022 at 02:24 AM.
Old 02-22-2022, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Venn View Post
Hi there,

Apologies for the commercial post, but there was a problem posting in the 'partner' forum.

I made a plugin for generating wipes/streamers for ADR/Foley recording. If you want to trigger on screen wipes with midi notes in your DAW, please do try it out at https://www.vennaudio.com/product/Viper

I hope it helps some people out. If you're just starting out or you need a basic, minimal solution, this might be for you. Or if you use Windows/Linux and don't have as many options. If you do try it and have some feedback on the plugin, I would love to hear it.

Thanks!
This is great, thank you! I'll gladly support you. Would love to be able to make suggestions if needed in the future, too.

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 02-24-2022, 02:22 AM

I'm really keen to try this out Adam. I noticed its not a win installer as such, is there a guide to where the unzipped files need to go for aax support.
Old 02-25-2022, 03:56 AM
Venn Audio

Hi @BobbyDazzler,

There is indeed a guide! There is a readme.html which says that the Windows AAX should go into c:/Program Files/Common Files/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/

But if you have an older version of Pro Tools, you can check here:
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...older-location

Thanks!
Adam
Old 02-25-2022, 04:04 AM
Venn Audio

Hi @Frank Kruse,

Thanks for the feature suggestion. I expect your workaround will work - Viper was supposed to function in a similar way to Streamers.

'Backtiming' from midi events is difficult with plugins, since they receive the midi information from the DAW and cannot predict what is coming. I will look into what midi information is provided by the DAW - I expect it would be possible to trigger the wipe as soon as you hit play but not to figure out how long your pre-roll is.

Thanks again, I'll post if I find out any more!
Adam
Old 03-01-2022, 07:30 AM

Hi Adam

Some great thinking there, I love the freely drag-able midi event concept.
If you are shooting ADR though you are often using referenced video hardware (AJA or BM) and a sync HD so that your video playback is 100% accurate.
If your software could talk to external video hardware (as a an Avid Video Engine plugin?) it could be very groovy.

Just a thought..

Mike Aiton BSc (hons)
Audio Consultant, Dubbing Mixer/Sound Designer & Journalist

BAFTA member
IPS member

----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.mikerophonics.com
Old 06-14-2022, 04:17 PM
Venn Audio

Hi again!

I wanted to let you know I have released a minor update for bug fixes and M1 native ability. You can try it out at https://www.vennaudio.com/product/Viper/

Feedback and feature requests have been gratefully received and further updates/ADR software are in the works.

Thank you!
Old 03-02-2023, 09:15 AM
Venn Audio

Hello once more,

A new update is on the way, with added features and better plugin activation. I will be raising the price to reflect the new features so if you were hesitating, or if you know someone who is, grab it now!

Thanks,
Adam
Old 03-08-2023, 12:57 PM
Venn Audio

Thank to the admin for getting this thread in the right place. I would like to announce the latest version of Viper, including a 'record light', to let your talent know when you are recording.

Test out a free trial version here!
https://www.vennaudio.com/product/viper/