Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 11-12-2021, 07:05 AM

Default AVB channels patched, but really aren't.

I booted the console today, S6L 24C and when I did sound check a good portion of my AVB channels were not working. When going into the patch menu, under protools tab, a bunch of them are purple (in chunks of 8) and no longer patched as they were. I have not messed with them at all and they have been working great. When I hover over the purple columns they say they are patched somewhere else and need to be unpatched before I can use them. I look all over the patch and there is nothing else patched to the AVB inputs.

Any help is great!
Old 11-12-2021, 08:13 AM

Default Re: AVB channels patched, but really aren't.

The purple color denotes channels that are "pre-patched" because their inputs are connected to a preamp in an interface. All the grey channels represent inputs that have not been plugged into a preamp. If the channels that you want to record are currently purple, then you're all good. If not, you can assign them to PT using the Direct Out, which also lets you record various outputs to any open and available PT channels. Check the VENUE S6L Live Recording Guide and it will walk you through it step by step.
Old 11-12-2021, 08:33 AM

I guess I'm confused because I didn't change anything. I have run a couple of shows with no issues and they were all grey.
Old 11-12-2021, 11:42 AM

Is it possible the Pro Tools rig was used in between shows, and its IO Setup got reconfigured to something other than your virtual soundcheck paths in Bus, Output, and Input tabs?