How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2022, 01:28 PM

Default Backing up to the Avid Cloud - error message

Hi,
I added cloud storage backup today, and when I tried to sync my local file I get the following error:

Assertion in "/Users/autobld/gitlabci/PT/release/2021/r3/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Sys/Sys_FileType.cpp", line 126.

I have to force quit pro tools as the message persists regardless if I try to cancel.

This is the file from the editor, if I create a new empty file and store it, doesn't seem to be an issue.

I'm using 2021.12

Last edited by SpringBreak; 05-29-2022 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-30-2022, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Backing up to the Avid Cloud - error message

I’m not sure what you are trying to do here. When you say you are backing up your file from the editor, I’m guessing you have created a Pro Tools project and this project contains an audio file that you have imported? If this is correct, what is the file type you are importing?
I’ll also assume that when you say create a new empty file, you mean that you record a track in PT, and that newly recorded audio will upload fine?

The error mentions file type. If you are using default settings for a new project, your newly recorded file will be a wav file, which seems to work fine for you. Not sure what your imported file is, but first make sure to select the option to copy the file to the project folder when importing. If that doesn’t work, maybe try converting it to another format, like wav.

System Details
Old 05-30-2022, 09:03 AM

Hi Will,

Thanks for your reply ~

Okay, sorry for no specifics...

My editor worked in Media Composer and gave me the final project in that format. I exported the audio as an AAF file.

When I import the file and work locally, all is well. But if I try to setup the project on the cloud (See attachment), I get the error message mentioned previously.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT.jpg (72.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-30-2022, 09:59 AM

Why are you folks trying to use a cloud project at all? There are hundreds of posts on DUC about how broken/fragile these things are for basic stuff. And you are trying to do post/audio? Forget it.

And as for backup… unclear why you described it as a backup. A cloud project is *not* a backup of a session. So double forget it, this is not in the remotest way any sensible part of a backup scheme.(Although backing up *sessions* to third party cloud storage can be a good part of a backup strategy).

You folks could make a horror documentary about your horror movie… “How I killed a movie project trying to use Pro Tools cloud projects”.
Old 05-30-2022, 10:19 AM

Got it.

My day job is IT support and this is my first feature. It's often SOP to use a well established vendor's cloud service when backing up and collaborating. Integration...

Down the road, I plan on having another sound person look at the work.

Seemed like a logical choice. Avid is a well established company. Odd that this aspect has so many issues, as I found out.