Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 04-19-2022, 07:52 AM

Default Can I change Multi-Mono Template to Stereo?

All,

I inadvertently created a Pro Tools 2021.12.0 template but did not select Interleaved from the initial settings. I've since created multiple tape transfers from a cassette deck where I had six tracks, stereo aux with a trim plugin feeding a stereo audio track, a mono left aux track with a trim plugin feeding a mono audio track and finally a mono right aux track with a trim plugin feeding a mono audio track.

I wanted some flexibility in transferring some live concert tapes into Pro Tools for mastering.

Because I never selected Interleaved from the base template I now have for each session a Left and Right Wav file as well as a Left and Right Stereo file. Should I recreate the Template this time selecting Interleaved and redo all of my transfers or ???

Please let me know what you think?
Old 04-19-2022, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Can I change Multi-Mono Template to Stereo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixmaster Rick View Post
All,

I inadvertently created a Pro Tools 2021.12.0 template but did not select Interleaved from the initial settings. I've since created multiple tape transfers from a cassette deck where I had six tracks, stereo aux with a trim plugin feeding a stereo audio track, a mono left aux track with a trim plugin feeding a mono audio track and finally a mono right aux track with a trim plugin feeding a mono audio track.

I wanted some flexibility in transferring some live concert tapes into Pro Tools for mastering.

Because I never selected Interleaved from the base template I now have for each session a Left and Right Wav file as well as a Left and Right Stereo file. Should I recreate the Template this time selecting Interleaved and redo all of my transfers or ???

Please let me know what you think?
Your mono aux to mono audio track scenario would never create interleaved files regardless of the session settings.

You can change the session settings at any time to interleaved by going into the Session Setup window.

This does not change the files already created or recorded in the session but if you want those clips already existing on tracks simply select them and consolidate each one. This will create new interleaved files of the same clip. Keep in mind that you will need to create a stereo track and move or copy the left /right mono files onto the stereo track and then consolidate. I would copy them. This way you can go back and delete the original mono files if you’re concerned about disk space.

You can always export as interleaved files regardless of how you session is setup. This option is available in the export menu. Again, you’ll need the clips to be on a stereo track for this to work.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Can I change Multi-Mono Template to Stereo?

Perfect - thanks!