Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2009, 03:31 AM

Default Snow Leopard Mbox 2 Pro PTLE 8 - READ!!!

Hi everyone, just wanted you guys to know what's going on with my rig as of now. I just upgraded to Snow Leopard and after many hours of finagling and trying out what version works best, I finally got Pro Tools running faster and smoother than ever before! I'm on a Macbook Pro with OS X 10.6 (not 10.6.1) running Pro Tools LE 8.0 (not 8.0.1 or 8.0.3pr) on an MBox 2 Pro. I opened some pretty large mixes and it ran flawless with many RTAS plugins on. I also tried recording guitars, along with Toontrack Superior 2.2, with each drum having its own audio track, and it recorded flawless. I constructed the kit until it used about over a gig of samples. I'm talking NO errors whatsoever folks. Maybe I just got lucky, but anyways I got real excited and just wanted to share with everyone. Also, all the Superior samples are read off my 350 gig ROCSTOR firewire external hard drive going into my PCI express slot (SIIG). I record to this drive as well, so pretty much the only thing running off my internal is the actual PT software. It is odd that 8.0 is running perfect opposed to the pre release made for Snow. I tried the pre release before I tried 8.0 and my inputs were being monitored without Pro Tools even operating. Couldn't have that, so I just gave 8.0 a shot and everything runs perfect. Hope this helps or clarifies any problems you guys might have. Reply back with any questions!
Old 10-10-2009, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Snow Leopard Mbox 2 Pro PTLE 8 - READ!!!

The same thing was happening to my inputs. It was really annoying to record guitar thats for sure. Someone on the forum told me to use the app, "Protools Pref and Database Helper 10.5" and to trash everything. I did this before without any luck but I thought I may do it again... but Pro Tools 8.0.1 is running just fine for me on SL 10.6.1 (except for a glitchy playback cursor)

It has been running solid, so I don't want to take the time to install and re-install crap if things don't work out.