Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2023, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Public Beta: December 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post

How do you propose the merging of stereo pan automation data into mono pan data?
Maybe I didn't explain that really well. The automation is on the mono audio track, not the stereo aux. The mono audio track with the automation is going to the stereo aux via the output. So why couldn't the mono audio tracks automation be transferred to the mono aux track if I decided to use a mono aux rather than a stereo one? Does that make sense?

Quote:
You can already do this with audio tracks and creating a blank clip group on the track as a colored separator between tracks.[/B]
Not sure what you mean by this one. I don't see an option to pick this.

Quote:
Also, please continue this particular issue in its own thread. This thread is specifically about the beta release.
I thought this was for beta testing and idea's for it. For new ideas, we should put them below? Is this for just issues here?

Thanks, Marc
New System: Macbook Pro M1 Max/16 gigs of Ram/Monterey/3 UAD Quad Satellites/2 PCIe Quad UAD cards/Waves Digigrid/Antelope Zen Pro/OWC 3 Slot Thunderbolt PCIe unit/Over 1400 plugins (Beta Tester for 15 different companies)

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaZYp2wNomc
Old 02-03-2023, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
Maybe I didn't explain that really well. The automation is on the mono audio track, not the stereo aux. The mono audio track with the automation is going to the stereo aux via the output. So why couldn't the mono audio tracks automation be transferred to the mono aux track if I decided to use a mono aux rather than a stereo one? Does that make sense?
Just copy your automation from your mono>stereo audio to your mono > stereo aux before changing your mono>stereo audio to mono>mono aux.

What is Pro Tools supposed to do when different mono>stereo tracks suddenly get routed to the same mono aux? That is why this isn't done. Do it yourself so you can make the decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
I thought this was for beta testing and idea's for it. For new ideas, we should put them below? Is this for just issues here?
This is about the public beta for Apple Silicon. This has nothing to do with Apple Silicon. That's why starting a new thread is appropriate.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Just copy your automation from your mono>stereo audio to your mono > stereo aux before changing your mono>stereo audio to mono>mono aux.

What is Pro Tools supposed to do when different mono>stereo tracks suddenly get routed to the same mono aux? That is why this isn't done. Do it yourself so you can make the decisions.

This is about the public beta for Apple Silicon. This has nothing to do with Apple Silicon. That's why starting a new thread is appropriate.
Gotcha. Thx
New System: Macbook Pro M1 Max/16 gigs of Ram/Monterey/3 UAD Quad Satellites/2 PCIe Quad UAD cards/Waves Digigrid/Antelope Zen Pro/OWC 3 Slot Thunderbolt PCIe unit/Over 1400 plugins (Beta Tester for 15 different companies)

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaZYp2wNomc
Old 02-04-2023, 12:20 PM

Slate digital is now AAX silicon native !
:)
Old 02-05-2023, 02:44 AM

Is nobody else out there having this problem? It happens no matter which plugins are being used and how many tracks are being "frozen". Unfortunately using the Beta modes does not seem to solved the problem and half my plugins are missing... I really hope AVID sort this problem out otherwise I will be looking for a new DAW when my subscription expires in a couple of months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeman View Post
Dear all, I am having major issues with Pro Tools 2022.12 on my MacBook Pro 16" 16 GB RAM M1 Pro running MS Monterey. Almost every time I freeze tracks in Pro Tools 2022.12 it hangs with that coloured ball going round and round (driving me mad) and the only option I have is to Force Quit and then to restart (sometimes even the whole computer) to get the thing to work properly! Is there anyone else out there having these issues? By the way Pro Tools starts up with Rosetta automatically... should I remove this and start up normally? Are there any solutions out there or do we have to wait for the next Pro Tools update?
Old 02-05-2023, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Is nobody else out there having this problem? It happens no matter which plugins are being used and how many tracks are being "frozen". Unfortunately using the Beta modes does not seem to solved the problem and half my plugins are missing... I really hope AVID sort this problem out otherwise I will be looking for a new DAW when my subscription expires in a couple of months!
Please stop spamming this stuff to a thread about Apple silicon plugin availability. Nobody else here wants this thread disrupted going into details of your unrelated problem.

Read "help us help you" up the top of every DUC web page and start your own new thread for your problem and provide the expected information in that thread describing your setup and troubleshooting you have tried.
Old 02-05-2023, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Please stop spamming this stuff to a thread about Apple silicon plugin availability. Nobody else here wants this thread disrupted going into details of your unrelated problem.

Read "help us help you" up the top of every DUC web page and start your own new thread for your problem and provide the expected information in that thread describing your setup and troubleshooting you have tried.
+100!
Old 02-05-2023, 10:57 AM

The start of this thread talks about the Beta release of Pro tools ... so one would assume that discussions in the thread is about this Beta release of Pro Tools ... it does not say Plug-in availability for Apple Silicon ... which most of you have turned into... And besides my problem is PLUGIN RELATED in case you haven't guessed... and it relates to all plug ins whether they are Apple Silicon ready or not.

Sorry for upsetting your day and I hope you can really get over the stress of having to read my message in your dedicated plugin thread... and rest assured I will not send anymore messages to this thread because people like you make us lose interest quickly. Now I will write directly to Avid.

Quote:

Old 02-05-2023, 12:05 PM

Quote:
The start of this thread talks about the Beta release of Pro tools ... so one would assume that discussions in the thread is about this Beta release of Pro Tools ... it does not say Plug-in availability for Apple Silicon ... which most of you have turned into... And besides my problem is PLUGIN RELATED in case you haven't guessed... and it relates to all plug ins whether they are Apple Silicon ready or not.

Sorry for upsetting your day and I hope you can really get over the stress of having to read my message in your dedicated plugin thread... and rest assured I will not send anymore messages to this thread because people like you make us lose interest quickly. Now I will write directly to Avid.
It's not my thread, it's hundreds of other users thread. And it sure as **** ain't your thread. I was trying to clue you in to you why people are not going to reply to you in this thread. Which should be kinda obvious but you just go ahead, because why do other users here matter it's all about you getting help right. Are the instructions on this forum for how to get help here so complex you cannot follow them? Good luck with Avid support.
Old 02-05-2023, 01:04 PM

Quote:
It's not my thread, it's hundreds of other users thread. And it sure as **** ain't your thread. I was trying to clue you in to you why people are not going to reply to you in this thread. Which should be kinda obvious but you just go ahead, because why do other users here matter it's all about you getting help right. Are the instructions on this forum for how to get help here so complex you cannot follow them? Good luck with Avid support.
Ah yes the joys of trying to herd cats

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Closed Thread