How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 10-17-2021, 02:31 PM

Default Re: iZotope RX9

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
I'd take the time hit if it were, well, best.

How do you find it compared to legacy quality-wise? Have you found any material where it is a noticeable improvement?
hey man! I just am up on RX 9 just now. One thing that is sort of strange is that now RX 9 in PlugIns Category is now is in a separate file folder selection. My best guess is that it is due to the recent aquisition of Izotope so they had to change the name from INC to non INC. Weird, but that is how it is Took me a minute to fine the RX 9.
Attached Images
File Type: png NewRX9 Category.png (65.9 KB, 0 views)
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 10-17-2021, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
hey man! I just am up on RX 9 just now. One thing that is sort of strange is that now RX 9 in PlugIns Category is now is in a separate file folder selection. My best guess is that it is due to the recent aquisition of Izotope so they had to change the name from INC to non INC. Weird, but that is how it is Took me a minute to fine the RX 9.
Somebody purchased the iZotope company?

QAPLA!
Old 10-17-2021, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Somebody purchased the iZotope company?
they are still their company, but a hedge fun company bought shares just like Sweetwater. It's on the website now after numerous announcements started popping up. my guess the Izotope Inc. is now an LLC. They just left it off.

https://cdm.link/2021/03/native-inst...isco-partners/
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 10-18-2021, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Hey Guy, Did you try using it in AudioSuite and select the function there? I am curious if it's just in exporting to the full suite issue. Typically I only use it in Audio Suite and build it there in Protools on another track and use as needed for the most part.
It's the same for both plugin and standalone - no issue there. (incidentally, I get the same categorization thing with the .Inc, but I don't usually display manufacturer because my list is insanely long!)

Don't get me wrong, RX is an incredible toolbox and I'm very well used to working round the issues and finding fixes in different ways. But both DI and AM updates are significantly flawed in and of themselves.

I think I'm majoring on the issue though for DI. When it works it sounds better - both quality and amount of background removal. However, the dialogue detection itself is worse, and that's what needs the attention. Hard to predict what kinds of sources give it trouble - sometimes it is faultless, other times nothing but fault. I wonder if the increased background reduction it is able to do is related to the reduced accuracy of dialogue detection though - if it is passing through more stuff as background and being more aggressive with reducing it, maybe this is a very unwelcome side-effect.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 10-18-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
It's the same for both plugin and standalone - no issue there. (incidentally, I get the same categorization thing with the .Inc, but I don't usually display manufacturer because my list is insanely long!)

Don't get me wrong, RX is an incredible toolbox and I'm very well used to working round the issues and finding fixes in different ways. But both DI and AM updates are significantly flawed in and of themselves.

I think I'm majoring on the issue though for DI. When it works it sounds better - both quality and amount of background removal. However, the dialogue detection itself is worse, and that's what needs the attention. Hard to predict what kinds of sources give it trouble - sometimes it is faultless, other times nothing but fault. I wonder if the increased background reduction it is able to do is related to the reduced accuracy of dialogue detection though - if it is passing through more stuff as background and being more aggressive with reducing it, maybe this is a very unwelcome side-effect.
Copy that. I used it yesterday and it seemed better to me. There are other things I have to do with long form anyway via other modules and so I am never in a rush with that. It's not that slow for me really. They still need to do more with the other modules IMHO.
Greg

Last edited by gives; 10-18-2021 at 08:57 AM. Reason: update
Old 11-01-2021, 10:48 AM

Default RX 9 Version 9.1 released October 28, 2021​

RX 9 Standard AND Advanced Release Notes

Improvements​

Improved Static De-Hum UX
Bug Fixes​

Spectral Editor Options menu border appeared distorted.
Inaccurate status message appeared upon enabling Adaptive mode in the De-hum plugin.
RX application did not request access to the microphone - effectively disabling the recording feature.
Unable to recalculate waveform statistics because there is no option to see "BS.1770-1" measurements.
ARA crash when clicking "revert" before clip was loaded.
Various additional bug fixes.

Last edited by gives; 11-01-2021 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-01-2021, 12:59 PM

Default Re: RX 9 Version 9.1 released October 28, 2021​

Quote:
RX 9 Advanced Release Notes​

RX 9 Version 9.1 released October 28, 2021​

Improvements​

Improved Static De-Hum UX
Bug Fixes​

Spectral Editor Options menu border appeared distorted.
Inaccurate status message appeared upon enabling Adaptive mode in the De-hum plugin.
RX application did not request access to the microphone - effectively disabling the recording feature.
Unable to recalculate waveform statistics because there is no option to see "BS.1770-1" measurements.
ARA crash when clicking "revert" before clip was loaded.
Various additional bug fixes.
Thanks for the heads-up. Also good for RX Standard.

QAPLA!
Old 11-01-2021, 04:42 PM

Default Re: RX 9 Version 9.1 released October 28, 2021​

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. Also good for RX Standard.
YUP.