View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 03:14 PM

Smile PT 9.0.5 with Lion - unable to open other MIDI apps open as standalone

PT 9.0.5 with Lion and having these SW open as STANDALONE:
(Garage Band, Audio MIDI Setup AMS, Sibelius, Logic)

NONE of these applications will open unless I connect to my DIGI 002R AND a Pro Tools session is open.
Otherwise it gets stuck when trying to open those apps. I do not think thats' the way it's supposed to be.
Somewhere there might some sort of preference which overides ProTools' priority on this matter.

Each Application' individual message:

1 - AMS : "Audio MIDI setup couldn't open the MIDI server so you can't view or edit your MIDI configurations. If you recently installed a new MIDI driver, try uninstalling it and then open Audio MIDI setup again. If Audio MIDI setup works correctly after that, contact the driver's manufacture for further support"

2 - Logic : stuck on "checking MIDI drivers" ; "MAC OS X MIDI Services not available" is displayed when the Logic finally opens it.

3 - Main Stage 2 : stuck on "initializing MIDI" . "Unable to launch the MIDI Service"

4 - Sibelius 6 : "Error initialising OS X MIDI system"

5 - Garage Band : It actually opens !!!

"core audio", "aggregate", "audio devices", "MIDI Server" and "audio engine" are related to this issue. Will look for those on existing documentation that came with the SW

Any help is appreciated, though

MacBook Pro, DIGI 002R