View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Lightbridge and 18IO

There is a thread over on the Mac side of this Forum in which the ability to record more than 18 tracks simultaneously has been discussed. The discussion began with this post:

"Hello,

I can assign any output of PTMP to any output in lighbridge, and they all seem to work, i mean, all at the same time, all 32ch.

Isn't PTMP supposed to be limited to 18IO???

Can anyone confirm this?

regards
"

It has since been confirmed many times that, on a Mac, running M-powered 7.3 allows recording of more than 18 tracks. This "bug" was evidently fixed in release CS2, CS3, or CS4.

lightbridge discussion

The question was raised about this capability on Windows machines, for example:

"All I can say is wow!! Is this only on Macs??

A buddy of mine was just lamenting the lack of i/o's in his PT setup. He's on Mac so it's great for him (if it's platform dependant) but I'm on PC.
".

I do not think this question has been answered. I am posting my experience here.

Apparently, this is only for Macs. At least that has been my experience so far. I just got a Lightbridge and hooked it up to my HP laptop running M-powered 7.3.1. I can not get the software to got past 18 inputs. I can record 26 tracks (I only have 26 channels of converters) using the same signal chain and Adobe Audition, so I do not think it is the hardware. Of course, I am new to Lightbridge and certainly not an expert in PT, but so far I have not been able to get past the 18IO limit.

Has anyone been able to go past the 18 track limit on an M-powered Windows system?