View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 04:41 AM

Default Use outboard on master track

Hey guys,

I use a Midas MR18 USB interface for recording and mixing in PT. I have two hardware Klark Teknik EQ's I'd like to use on the master bus. The problem however is, with the Midas, a channel number can either be an input channel or an output channel, not both. So, if I set channel 3 to "USB return", it receives audio from PT if I set the output of the track in PT to "out 3".

This is a problem when using inserts because I cannot select use channel number 3 as an input and output simultaneously. With individual tracks I work around this by sending the output of a track to for instance "out 3", which then goes to the hardware and the output of the hardware goes into track 4 which I then record on a new track. This works for individual tracks but I have no idea how to do this with the master fader. I could of course bounce a mix, import this as a new audio file and then use the same trick, but I like to make subtle changes to a mix when processing the master bus.

Any tricks or ideas? Of course I could upgrade the interface but I'd rather not.